Am I making a big deal about an open video card?

Evilviking

Jun 2, 2013
I received my second video card from Amazon. The first gtx 760 appeared to be previously opened (plastic wrap was sliced to open a flap) and the card appeared to be obviously molested. I complained (didn't want a card sometime found an issue with and returned.... I'm assuming) they sent me another. Same crap, this one also had the clear plastic cut off. Should I just suck it up and use one? I have them both.

Please no flaming

Jabrono

Jan 17, 2013
Local Brick and Mortar stores generally offer discounts for "Open Box" items which it sounds like you have.

I'm of the mindset that if it works so what...but that's me and not you.

Since you're paying for a brand new unit you have every right to expect a brand new unit.

stahlhart

Super Moderator Graphics Cards
Dec 21, 2010
Is this a case of customers silicon lottery fishing for higher boost clocks or more overclockable cards, and returning slower ones?

Sohaltang

Apr 13, 2013
Is this a case of customers silicon lottery fishing for higher boost clocks or more overclockable cards, and returning slower ones?

That would be my concern. Someone scratched your ticket and did not win. Your still getting product X that should work as advertized but you lost your small chance at the lotto. Dependent on what card you purchased it would be an issue for me. If its voltage locked cheap card.. mehh. If you paid 500$ for a top teir card with extra cooling I would want my lotto ticket.