Am I ignorant or what does St. Louis exist?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

preCRT

Platinum Member
Apr 12, 2000
Many supposedly bigger towns have tons of distinct identities - you got your beautiful foliage of New England and their picturesque homely charms of villages. Then you got your Tri-state NY/NJ/PA, they're known for their things.

Same goes for the south, easily all the coasts, and all the states that National Parks touch.

So, what does St. Louis do? Because unlike tons of truly unknown towns, this one has a fancy schmancy name and it has a sizable popuation or something.

My hometown Boston has:
1. Boston Commons / Foot Bridge / Esplanade is a world-class city amenity. Just beautiful.
2. Cusine, we dominate - lobstah, chowdah,
3.. alright ill stfu.
You do not need to admit your ignorance in the thread title. It is readily apparent in the top post.

Boston Commons?

For shame, especially if you are, as claimed, a native.
A proper Bostonian would know it is Boston Common.

Reactions: Zeze

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Come for the arch, stay for the underground nuclear dump fire.

ponyo

Lifer
Feb 14, 2002
I'm probably going home for a week next month and I'm going to eat nothing but seafood. :p
There are couple pretty good seafood restaurants near me. One place is doing $1 Gulf raw oysters all this month. They also have really good chargrilled oysters. $9.50 for 6 during Happy Hour. Good seafood was something I really missed when I lived in the Midwest.

Nov 20, 2009
A coworker of mine has lived in St louis for the past couple of decades. He was transferred there by his job. His opinion on the city if that it is a POS and the only reason why it exists for many that live there is their employer.

spacejamz

Lifer
Mar 31, 2003
we drove by the arch last year...you definitely don't want your car breaking down in that area at night....

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
A really nice and free zoo.
City museum is freaking awesome.
Cardinals have a pretty good history for baseball.
Good blues music scene.
Good, bad or otherwise Anheiser is a big deal.

Zeze

Lifer
Mar 4, 2011
You do not need to admit your ignorance in the thread title. It is readily apparent in the top post.

Boston Commons?

For shame, especially if you are, as claimed, a native.
A proper Bostonian would know it is Boston Common.
Duh. You seem to forget that sometimes when I wind down at night some hay hay gets involved. I don't write in ATOT sober, wtf.

Exterous

Super Moderator
Jun 20, 2006
We spent a couple of days there as part of our effort to visit all 50 states. Don't see any reason to head back

thebestMAX

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2000
Regardless of what is said concerning the Mississippi, I always considered Kansas City a western city and St Louis an eastern one.. When I worked I had to go to St Louis every few weeks. Never really enjoyed it. Worlds of difference between KC and StL.