Am I crazy or did I just hear "Such Great Heights" covered by Iron and Wine in an M&M commercial?

aplefka

Lifer
Feb 29, 2004
Yes, it's from the Garden State sountrack, but I doubt you heard it in an M&M commercial.

iamwiz82

Lifer
Jan 10, 2001
Originally posted by: aplefka
Yes, it's from the Garden State sountrack, but I doubt you heard it in an M&M commercial.

Yes I did! It's even on Adcritic.com

Choralone

Dec 2, 1999
Originally posted by: iamwiz82
Originally posted by: aplefka

Yes I did! It's even on Adcritic.com

You are correct. I ended up doing a triple take when it came on. All my wife had to say was "that sounds kinda familiar"...

myusername

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2003
Hm. So Iron and Wine covered the Postal Service and not the other way around? :confused:
The funny thing is I thought the soundtrack had the Iron and Wine version, but the previews used the Postal Service version. Someone set me straight.

CptObvious

Platinum Member
Mar 5, 2004
Originally posted by: myusername
Hm. So Iron and Wine covered the Postal Service and not the other way around? :confused:
The funny thing is I thought the soundtrack had the Iron and Wine version, but the previews used the Postal Service version. Someone set me straight.
Es correct. The original was by The Postal Service, which was in the Garden State trailer. The cover version is on the soundtrack and in the movie.

byronface

Feb 26, 2005
i love the iron & wine cover of such great heights. has anyone heard postal service's cover of against all odds? <3 that too.

RadioHead84

Platinum Member
Jan 8, 2004
They are both great. The Postal Service in my opinion is better in this case but if you dont know Iron and Wine you shoul deff check out there stuff. They have a lot of very mellow stuff.