Am I a snob if I flat-out refuse to eat 27% fat ground beef?

beer

Lifer
Jun 27, 2000
The girlfriend tried to make me burgers tonight, which she very rarely does (I cook 4x as much as she does) and they consisted of throwing a 73/27 patty on the (electric, george foreman) grill.

Was I way out of line to say, 'I am not eating that as a burger?' I had one taste and it was so revolting that I just said 'do you have something else to eat?'

She was PISSED. Since I typically cook and when I cook I always use 93/7 or at worst 90/10 (if it is being drained) and usually at least attempt to season stuff, I was annoyed that she put so little time into the rarity that she does cook. It is not like she is poor and it's not like she was extraordinary busy - I work probably at least 50% more hours than she does.

Was I being a cock or am I at least justified?

I think this about sums it up:
Originally posted by: nakedfrog
I didn't even know they SOLD 73/27. The lowest I've ever bought was 80/20, but it's usually 90/10 or better.
You were being an ass, but somewhat justifiably so. It's not what you said, it's how you said it, most likely.

iamwiz82

Lifer
Jan 10, 2001
Perhaps you would have been better off cleaning the sand out of your female repoductive organs, rather than tasting the burgers?

:p:D

mercanucaribe

Banned
Oct 20, 2004
Let's look at things step by step:
1) You do 80% of the cooking.
2) You get bitchy about a little extra fat in your burger and refuse to eat it.
3) Your biggest concern with your girlfriend is that her patties contain three times as much fat as yours.

You == teh woman!

glen

Lifer
Apr 28, 2000
Yes.
Eat it with a smile, and maybe one dya down the road tell her you woudl rather eat something with less fat.

beer

Lifer
Jun 27, 2000
Originally posted by: minendo
90% of that fat burns off anyways.

Maybe not 90%, but you are right - the problem is that the beef was just terrible. It wasn't even thawed before it was thrown on the grill.

Mo0o

Lifer
Jul 31, 2001
Maybe you should backhand her and tell her to get your bourbon. Since you're already on a roll with the a55hole boyfriend roleplaying

shilala

Lifer
Oct 5, 2004
I'd suggest you have that gash in your crotch checked. It sounds like it's getting serious.

Umberger

Golden Member
Apr 13, 2005
yeeeah. there's nothing wrong with that meat. especially on the grill, where most of it cooks off.

MikeMike

Lifer
Feb 6, 2000
Originally posted by: beer

Maybe not 90%, but you are right - the problem is that the beef was just terrible. It wasn't even thawed before it was thrown on the grill.

duhhh.... wah?

thaw it before you grill it? wtf.

throw the damn thing on a decent temp and heat the sucker right up.

MIKE

beer

Lifer
Jun 27, 2000
Originally posted by: glen
Yes.
Eat it with a smile, and maybe one dya down the road tell her you woudl rather eat something with less fat.

I think this was probably the option I should have done. Hindsight is 20/20 I guess.

QuitBanningMe

Banned
Mar 2, 2005
Higher the fat content the better the taste. Snob/ cock? No. Just a little odd. Most of it melts off anyway.

If you had said health reasons....uh still no. 1 wouldn't kill ya.

beer

Lifer
Jun 27, 2000
Originally posted by: nourdmrolNMT1

duhhh.... wah?

MIKE

You can't put something on a contact, electric girll without thawing it! It totally burns the outside to a crisp before the center is done enough and it tastes poorly as a result.

Umberger

Golden Member
Apr 13, 2005
Originally posted by: nourdmrolNMT1

duhhh.... wah?

MIKE

You can't put something on a contact, electric girll without thawing it! It totally burns the outside to a crisp before the center is done enough and it tastes poorly as a result.

i thought you just said "grill" not "george forman"

iamwiz82

Lifer
Jan 10, 2001
Wait, so you are too snobbish to eat a 27% burger, but use aren't too snobbish to use a George Foreman? :confused:

dcdude

May 8, 2005
Originally posted by: mercanucaribe
Let's look at things step by step:
1) You do 80% of the cooking.
2) You get bitchy about a little extra fat in your burger and refuse to eat it.
3) Your biggest concern with your girlfriend is that her patties contain three times as much fat as yours.

You == teh woman!

winnar

beer

Lifer
Jun 27, 2000
Originally posted by: iamwiz82
Wait, so you are too snobbish to eat a 27% burger, but use aren't too snobbish to use a George Foreman? :confused:

Is there any other way to grill inside an apartment? Without risking the $500 fine for having a barbaque in it?

Smackem

May 23, 2005
wtf, everyone just says 'it cooks off'. Like that is any sort of excuse. So we just disregard the whole fat/meat ratio because its cooked ona grill? good thing she didn't get 50%/50%, it woulda been half a burger!