Am I a bad son-in-law?

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

dbk

Lifer
Apr 23, 2004
I think you should tell him to not come if he's going to drink under your roof.

SunnyD

Belgian Waffler
Jan 2, 2001
www.neftastic.com
oblivious

Main Entry: obliv·i·ous
Pronunciation: \-vē-əs\
Function: adjective
Date: 15th century
1 : lacking remembrance, memory, or mindful attention
2 : lacking active conscious knowledge or awareness —usually used with of or to

The only reason I believe oblivious may be the wrong word in this use is that I doubt that the step-FiL isn't aware or doesn't remember that he's a drunk...more like he KNOWS he's a drunk, but lives in denial of it...or simply doesn't care that he's a drunk.

Otherwise, the word is appropriate in its usage.

Bingo.

Anyhow... it pains me greatly to say that it appears this little visit has ended without incident, albeit a day or two early.

Thanks to my wife refusing to change any further prior plans and taking the kids out today to meet up with a friend from Florida that is up visiting (that gave us well prior notice and such), my wife feels she likely insulted her mother by keeping those plans (after having to scratch the last two days' worth). "Mom" and "Dad" decided that they were going to pack up and venture forth, possibly even heading home today. Goodbyes were done pleasantly and such, so one can't be certain what the notion actually was.

I'm sorry Perky... nothing interesting happened. Well, aside that they were so bored off their asses yesterday that they mowed my lawn and did some yard work. Silver lining I guess?

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Bingo.

Anyhow... it pains me greatly to say that it appears this little visit has ended without incident, albeit a day or two early.

Thanks to my wife refusing to change any further prior plans and taking the kids out today to meet up with a friend from Florida that is up visiting (that gave us well prior notice and such), my wife feels she likely insulted her mother by keeping those plans (after having to scratch the last two days' worth). "Mom" and "Dad" decided that they were going to pack up and venture forth, possibly even heading home today. Goodbyes were done pleasantly and such, so one can't be certain what the notion actually was.

I'm sorry Perky... nothing interesting happened. Well, aside that they were so bored off their asses yesterday that they mowed my lawn and did some yard work. Silver lining I guess?
That fucking asshole mowed your lawn? Outrage!

ModerateRepZero

Golden Member
Jan 12, 2006
Bingo.

Meh, I don't feel too much sympathy for the in-laws if they decided to pull a surprise visit when you had other plans *shrug*. But it was nice that they did some yard work :)