Alternatives to Pitney Bowes Postage

kermalou

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2001
In our office we use Pitney Bowes for our postage. I got a call today saying that we are on a month to month deal right now since our last contract is expired. The rep on the phone offered me a "upgraded machine" that would save us in ink costs, but cost more monthly.

He gave me the model number and I went to the PitneyBowes site and saw that it was about $10/month cheaper for new customers. I told him that and he said that it was for new customers only and that it doesn't include a $10 per postage refill charge.

This is such crap. They have you by the balls and since I haven't been able to find an alternative I am stuck with them.

Any ideas on other alternatives?

stamps.com isn't really an alternative since the last time we used them since we had to do double entry to print the postage.

Thanks.

BrianP

Oct 12, 1999
I just signed up with Endicia yesterday. It can print labels/postage by transferring in XML files. In the very short period of time I've used it, I've already integrated it with my web app to allow for automatic printing via my web-based interface.

kermalou

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2001
Yeah, I am just looking at something just like the PitneyBowes machine that has a built in scale and calculated the postage and prints it on the envelope.

The problems I see with Endicia and the other web postage sites are that you have to input the address and all.

I just want a quick printing of postage without having to do a lot more work.

FeuerFrei

Diamond Member
Mar 30, 2005
Call them up and tell them you want to cancel the account because it's too expensive.

They'll put someone on the phone to hook you up with a significant discount.

That's what happened here. My office was paying Pitney Bowes $70 some per quarter (machine rental fee) and now pays somewhere in the $20-$35 range... because we asked to cancel.

Also if you mail in payment ahead of time, you won't be charged two service fees.

DomS

Banned
Jul 15, 2008
Originally posted by: KLin
Good luck in your search.

This.

I worked at a place that had a pitney bowes machine 8 years ago. Since then EVERY office I've worked in is thrilled that I have 'experience' on one so they dont have to take the 30 minutes to show me how to use it. I keep expecting to see one in my dad's living room one of these days.

JS80

Lifer
Oct 24, 2005
Originally posted by: kermalou
Yeah, I am just looking at something just like the PitneyBowes machine that has a built in scale and calculated the postage and prints it on the envelope.

The problems I see with Endicia and the other web postage sites are that you have to input the address and all.

I just want a quick printing of postage without having to do a lot more work.

What's wrong with NEOPOST? Direct competitor to Pitney Bowes.

Sep 12, 2004
Originally posted by: BrianP
I just signed up with Endicia yesterday. It can print labels/postage by transferring in XML files. In the very short period of time I've used it, I've already integrated it with my web app to allow for automatic printing via my web-based interface.
Same here. I've been using Endicia for over 6 months and it's a great solution. No ink to buy, since they use thermal printers, but you do have to use their labels. No charge for postage refills either.