Alternative to Tuneup Utilities 2014

ttott

Aug 28, 2013
I got a license of Tuneup Utilities 2014 a month ago, but now I decide to replace it with the newly releasedAdvanced SystemCare 7 Free after trying it. Advanced SystemCare is easy to use and offers more extra tools to maintain computers, though all cleanup utilities have same functions and function similarly. Any thought on this move?

lN1A90O.png

Last edited:

Berryracer

Platinum Member
Oct 4, 2006
they are all snake oil that do more harm than good

I remember when I scanned my registry with Tune Up Utilities 2013, I couldn't reboot anymore and had to format

the best utility for maintaining your system is CCleaner to clear out the junk files and common sense

Any application that claims it will magically speed up your system is full of crap

just my 2 cents

daveybrat

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Jan 31, 2000

I remember when I scanned my registry with Tune Up Utilities 2013, I couldn't reboot anymore and had to format

the best utility for maintaining your system is CCleaner to clear out the junk files and common sense

Any application that claims it will magically speed up your system is full of crap

just my 2 cents

100% right on. All of these so called 'Cleaner Utilities' are nothing more than snake oil (Crap).

The best 2 programs for optimizing your pc are Ccleaner and Auslogics Disk Defrag. Both are freeware.

(Don't run defrag progams on SSD's!).

Pardus

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2000
Stay away from Tuneup Utilities 2014 / Advanced SystemCare 7, i just helped someone re-load there os because these so-called fix it tools messed up there pc so bad, reformat was the only option. CCleaner is all you need.

R0H1T

Platinum Member
Jan 12, 2013

just my 2 cents
What is with you & the perpetual hyperbole :hmm:

I've been using Yamicsoft system utilities ever since XP days(even now with win8 manager) & for me they're the best of the lot & unless one doesn't (un)intentionally do something stupid I haven't seen anything untoward happen due to that one piece of software, at the very least on my system & I use it daily btw.

Berryracer

Platinum Member
Oct 4, 2006
What is with you & the perpetual hyperbole :hmm:

I've been using Yamicsoft system utilities ever since XP days(even now with win8 manager) & for me they're the best of the lot & unless one doesn't (un)intentionally do something stupid I haven't seen anything untoward happen due to that one piece of software, at the very least on my system & I use it daily btw.

good for you, continue to use it, I have so much experience that proces how they can fuxor up a system perfectly.

don't bother replying coz u simply wont convince meh and im not interested

best utility you can use is, after formatting and installing a clean version with windows with updated drivers, make an image using Macrium Reflect and then when something doesn't feel right, simply go back to that image. any reg cleaner, magical system optimizers is for n00bs who tell hackers and crapware companies yes come take over my computer, and ill even pay you to do it

Virgorising

Diamond Member
Apr 9, 2013
For whatever it's worth, way back, and via serendipity, I became friends with the guys at iobit in China, Hugo, esp. I actually tested their new builds for fun....lots more happy stuff in the story I will spare you...but Hugo sent me screenie of theri test systems with my custom wallpapers I made using only MS Paint, he made a special talking panda Xmas video and sent it.....such lovely stuff.

But THEN, I learned iobit was STEALING their definitions bases from integrity driven architects of similar apps, not sure, but either MBAM or Superanti. It was all over the net.

It was very painful. That was the end of the happy, serendipitous friendship.

I no longer trust those guys.

R0H1T

Platinum Member
Jan 12, 2013
good for you, continue to use it, I have so much experience that proces how they can fuxor up a system perfectly.

best utility you can use is, after formatting and installing a clean version with windows with updated drivers, make an image using Macrium Reflect and then when something doesn't feel right, simply go back to that image. any reg cleaner, magical system optimizers is for n00bs who tell hackers and crapware companies yes come take over my computer, and ill even pay you to do it
You clearly move to a one way street with your threads & ensuing posts so I'm not even gonna try & convince you out of your merry ways but to say that there aren't legitimate programs that can remove crud from your system or clean empty/invalid registry entries is totally naive & utterly stupid, by your logic the likes of auslogics/diskeeeper/raxco/O&O are also in the business of money laundering :rolleyes:

trillock

Oct 26, 2013
I use Ashampoo WinOptimiser 10, and actually paid for it since it was on offer to me for £9. I run it on Vista/Win 7 and Win 8.1 and it has never broken anything. I also run Ashampoo Uninstaller 5 since it will monitor an installation and log it, so when uninstall time comes along it seems to do a reasonable job of getting rid over everything including registry entries. Those are the two utilities that I use.

ttott

Aug 28, 2013
Third party programs can be very controversial sometimes if being used improperly by illiterate users. Therefore, for me others' suggestions and my own opinion better come into consideration in case of messing up the system and ending up with a damaged PC.

Johnny4

Nov 12, 2013
Stay away from Tuneup Utilities 2014 / Advanced SystemCare 7, i just helped someone re-load there os because these so-called fix it tools messed up there pc so bad, reformat was the only option. CCleaner is all you need.

Last edited:

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999

I wish I had an app that could translate this epic fail post.

but, back to the point of this thread:

I use GlarysUtilities and it has never messed up a system I have used it on.