Alright that's it, I need a game

minendo

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2001
After not really gaming for over 4 years now, I've decided that I need a new computer game so I turn to you for suggestions. I planned to pick up HL 2, but I'll probably croak before that is released;). What games do you suggest?

By the way, I don't like anything like Warcraft or Everquest-type games.

Mucman

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Don't do it... I was in the same boat, and now I am addicted to Call of Duty, and am now replaying all my old adventures games (currently going through Syberia). I'm not going to be getting any work done now :(

Crusty

Lifer
Sep 30, 2001
Gunbound
Worms 3D(If you can get used to the mouse)
GTA3: Vice City

Evadman

Administrator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Feb 18, 2001
Tribes 2 just so I can kick your ass in it. I have mil;tible accounts, and would be happy to get ya the disk so you can play. Totaly legal!

Chu

Banned
Jan 2, 2001
Originally posted by: minendo
After not really gaming for over 4 years now, I've decided that I need a new computer game so I turn to you for suggestions. I planned to pick up HL 2, but I'll probably croak before that is released;). What games do you suggest?

By the way, I don't like anything like Warcraft or Everquest-type games.

For single player, gotta try the new Prince of Persia game.

Willoughbyva

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2001
What kind of hardware do you have? I don't have the best graphics card so I play mostly older games or games with lower requirements. I usually look through the used PC games at EB games and see what they have.

minendo

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2001
Originally posted by: Willoughbyva
What kind of hardware do you have? I don't have the best graphics card so I play mostly older games or games with lower requirements. I usually look through the used PC games at EB games and see what they have.
TBred 1700+ at 1.9+ with 2x256mb Corsair PC2400 in dual mode (the bottleneck) on a LanParty NFII. Video card is a ATI Radeon 9500 Pro.

sugar

Dec 31, 2003
well, I'm not into certain games, but I enjoy Yahoo Graffiti and crap like that

(playing it between posts)

fs5

Lifer
Jun 10, 2000
call of duty is good
prince of persia is good

CoD is like 8 hours of single player plus multi
prince of persia is really short too.. I forget how long but some people beat it in 2 sittings. still very good.

Xionide

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2002
TBred 1700+ at 1.9+ with 2x256mb Corsair PC2400 in dual mode (the bottleneck) on a LanParty NFII. Video card is a ATI Radeon 9500 Pro.

how you liking that nfII. I am probably picking one up next week and would like a review from someone who has it.

minendo

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2001
Originally posted by: Xionide

how you liking that nfII. I am probably picking one up next week and would like a review from someone who has it.
Great mobo. The extras are a plus.

Soybomb

Diamond Member
Jun 30, 2000
Star Wars Knight of the Old Republic
Max Payne 2
Prince of Persia

or Bridge Builder :D