Alright ATOT - Logo Contest...

MainFramed

Diamond Member
May 29, 2002
My dad is intrested to see what you guys have to offer as for a company logo. The name of his business is SSI Construction LLC. It's a construction company as you can see...they build commercial buildings. My dad will award the winner $50.00 to the winner of the contest. :cool: Show me what you got, i've seen what you guys have done in other threads and it's awesome!

EDIT: If there is something else you guys need to know or i left out please lmk.

Price for the winner is $50.00
Color Scheme is red and black. It can be just print, it can be an image.

EDIT2: Hey guys this is a bigger headache then i thought, sorry but i dont have time to go through all this stuff right now.

<MainFramed>

DeviousTrap

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2002
Originally posted by: MainFramed
If you guys come up with something he like's he will pay

So people work and then he can saw no? Thats why the other contest didn't work. You have to have a winner.
Also whats the price?

DeviousTrap

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2002
Also, I suggest someone to hold the money. I would be wiling to do it but I am not sure I am trusted enough here.

MainFramed

Diamond Member
May 29, 2002
Originally posted by: LOLyourFace
My dad is intrested to see what you guys have to offer as for a company logo. The name of his business is SSI Construction LLC. It's a construction company as you can see...they build commercial buildings. If you guys come up with something he like's he will pay. :cool: Show me what you got!

<MainFramed>

need specifics:

how much are we talking about in the ball park?
what color schemes
what kind of look/theme?
for print or just img?
once again, what kind of design are you shooting for?

Price for the winner is $50.00
Color Scheme is red and black. It can be just print, it can be an image. Once you guys shoot things off I can comment back. Let me know if this helps/doesnt help. Thanks Guys

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
Originally posted by: DeviousTrap
Also, I suggest someone to hold the money. I would be wiling to do it but I am not sure I am trusted enough here.
As our UT2K4 benefactor you should be both trusted and thanked. :)

If you check the other contests MainFramed, you'll see that people are now giving the cash to a third parts like GoodDad to prevent more idea-stealing from people as ethically bankrupt as Krasshat.

MainFramed

Diamond Member
May 29, 2002
Hey guys this is a bigger headache then i though, sorry but i dont have time to go through all this stuff right now.

Azoth

Jun 7, 2001
Hey guys this is a bigger headache then i though, sorry but i dont have time to go through all this stuff right now.

Bah, oh well, already done, may as well post them...

One
Two

Excuse the sloppiness.. I'm tired

MainFramed

Diamond Member
May 29, 2002
Originally posted by: Azoth

One
Two

Hey those are nice, thanks still for at least posting them and stuff.
I just sent my logo to the printer :) for those of you all asking for it I will post it later today.

DeviousTrap

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2002
Originally posted by: Azoth

One
Two

Hey those are nice, thanks still for at least posting them and stuff.
I just sent my logo to the printer :) for those of you all asking for it I will post it later today.

Well... what are you waiting for? :p You already bought a hosting account from me, so host it ;)

bmacd

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001
second time i've seen you crap out on a deal MainFramed...first time was the LAN party at your house that you had setup until you [gasp] forgot to ask your parents.

-=bmacd=-

ThePresence

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Originally posted by: bmacd
second time i've seen you crap out on a deal MainFramed...first time was the LAN party at your house that you had setup until you [gasp] forgot to ask your parents.

-=bmacd=-

Relax man. It's not like he cheated anyone or anything. Sheesh.

Nov 5, 2001
Originally posted by: ThePresence

-=bmacd=-

I think the bigger issue is that people ask for these types of things and then back out and that hurts those that truely DO need the help because it makes people gunshy about spending time on it.

Azoth

Jun 7, 2001
Originally posted by: MikeyIs4Dcats

I think the bigger issue is that people ask for these types of things and then back out and that hurts those that truely DO need the help because it makes people gunshy about spending time on it.

Mikey has a very valid point...

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001

-=bmacd=-

Exactly, if the person is serious enough to hand the cash to a trusted third party, you know someone will actually get paid for the work even if the contest-holder "changes their mind."

At least that's how I'd handle it as the escrow holder -- you hold the contest, someone gets paid as long as there are some serious entries. No backing out once people have put time into it.

Nov 5, 2001
Originally posted by: DaveSimmons

-=bmacd=-

Exactly, if the person is serious enough to hand the cash to a trusted third party, you know someone will actually get paid for the work even if the contest-holder "changes their mind."

At least that's how I'd handle it as the escrow holder -- you hold the contest, someone gets paid as long as there are some serious entries. No backing out once people have put time into it.

yeah. I just don't understand a deal like this where he posts then runs off because he made his own logo. Well why the fvck didn't you just make it yourself to begin with?

bsmithy

Oct 24, 2003
Originally posted by: DaveSimmons

-=bmacd=-

yeah. I just don't understand a deal like this where he posts then runs off because he made his own logo. Well why the fvck didn't you just make it yourself to begin with?

obviously he needed reminding what his old logo looked like
rolleye.gif

Compudork

Dec 9, 2002

-=bmacd=-

TRUE! As some may know, I did one of the logo contests recently, and it worked out great. I think if people want to do this in the future they should meet two requirements or face a lock down: 1) Money must be held by reliable third party. 2) There must be a GUARANTEED winner. I think the second is especially important. I made that guarantee in my thread, and followed through. The bottom line is it is risky putting money up in the event no one comes up with something you like, but the reality of the situation is graphic arts are expensive and $50 isn't much, and there really is a lot of talent on these boards, so it's worth the risk to put up the cash. I hope these type of threads with people backing out don't become predominant, as I know I got a lot out of mine and will be forever thankful to AT and everyone who participated!