Alright alright I need some opinions, to shave or not to shave?

JoeKing

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
That is the question!

I used to be on the swim team in high school, and it was "manditory" to shave almost your whole body.

Well now that I'm in college and finished with swimming, I've also stopped shaving......and this has produced a little problem. I never realized I'm such a hairy guy! Now that wouldn't really be an issue for me, but my hair grows in heavy patchs where say my socks rub against my legs.

Ok so what should I do with this? Should I shave myself once again? (I no longer have the swimteam excuse) or should I let myself continue to grow wild? My girlfriend told me at first she thought it was wierd, but now she finds it cute and she tugs on my patches when were sitting around. So I ask you people of this board what I should do? To shave or not to shave?

Viper GTS

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Second that, why go to the trouble of changing it if it increases your chances of getting some? Unless it really bothers you, of course, in which case you could maybe talk her into shaving it for you...

:Q

Viper GTS

Prodigy^

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
nah, if your gf thinks it's ok, then don't. unless it bothers you physically of course

JoeKing

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I don't know, Im just not used to being so damn hairy. :p

OH and I don't think we've been together long enough for her to start shaving me....I mean comon don't husbands have trouble convincing their wives to shave them?

Aquaman

Lifer
Dec 17, 1999
Sounds like you've kind of made up your mind already ;) I say if it's bugging you then get out the good old Mach 3 and have at it.

Cheers,
Aquaman

spec411

Apr 18, 2000
get laser hair removal and get rid of the patches permanently...much less will grow back and it will be in a "normal" pattern..its not cheap though!

JoeKing

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
alright gotta sleep soon,

My main concern is I wear shorts a lot. What would look wierder? The patchy hair? Or a hairless leg?

WombatWoman

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2000
There is a product that is often sold on TV infomercials, and also widely available on the Internet. It's called "Aussie Nad's." This is a gooey substance that you spread on your hairy self; then you press a cloth strip onto the goo, yank off the cloth strip, and before you can say "ouchee," great expanses of hair are gone. My hirsute sister has used this Nad's stuff, and she says it works well, doesn't hurt any more than pulling a Band-Aid off, and with regular use, it suppresses the regrowth of the hairs, since some of the roots are destroyed by the repeated yankings. One of the infomercials shows it being used on a guy's legs, and we all know how manly the Aussie guys are, so there is obviously no stigma attached.

Hot waxing is also an excellent method of hair removal, but getting it done by a professional costs quite a bit, and if you do it yourself, the heating procedure is a nuisance. Like Nad's, hot waxing discourages hair regrowth. Both these methods are preferable to shaving if your hair is coarse and dense; the new hair growth will not be as "stubbly," since the hairs have not been "blunt-cut," as is the case with shaving.

Double Trouble

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
You gotta be kidding me.... a guy shaving all over, without the excuse of being on a swim team? :Q Ack :) I'd say let it go man, it's a losing battle you'll have to fight forever if you want to keep the hair from growing back. Just let it go....

dennilfloss

Past Lifer 1957-2014 In Memoriam
Oct 21, 1999
dennilfloss.blogspot.com
That Nad stuff is generically called body sugaring and is available on The Shoppers Network.

Agent Orange might give you a healthy glow and other side effects...

Little Willy (Sweet)

Yeeny

Lifer
Feb 2, 2000
I mean comon don't husbands have trouble convincing their wives to shave them?

Not when they make us mad! ;)
And it sounds like it is bothering you, so get rid of it. And as for shaving, that's why you might be so hairy now. If you shave sometimes it grows in thicker. But waxing and other removals usually don't present that problem.

Stark

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2000
use scizzors. any closer to the skin without a sports excuse is officially weird. :)

rahvin

Elite Member
Oct 10, 1999
Just get used to the hair, it's only gonna get thicker as you get older and you're gonna get strange looks in 5 years with shaved legs.

Yo Ma Ma

Lifer
Jan 21, 2000
Time to take up bicycling, I guess. Someone posted last week they shaved their legs because they were into that. If you need an excuse, that is.

BTW, pulling a band-aid off a hairy area HURTS, what can I say, I'm a wimp :p

CyberSax

Banned
Mar 12, 2000
I don't know any guys that shave their legs everyday. Or - for that matter - ever at all. I think that's pretty much limited to professional body builders, transvestites, and drag queens.

JoeKing

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Damnit, now I more confused than ever:p

I think I'll go hug an electrical pole and see what happens.

nd

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
what are you guys talking about? i've been a guy all my life and this is the first time i've heard of males shaving their bodies

freaky

Capn

Platinum Member
Jun 27, 2000
Shaving your body for a swim team is still wierd, just is. Not that there's anything inherently wrong with it though. But, if you don't have that excuse anymore, your friends and about 90% (low number) of the male populous that sees your hairless legs will have a good time laughing at you too. :)

Yeeny

Lifer
Feb 2, 2000
You know instead of hugging an electrical pole, you could try electrolosyis. It is much less painful. ;)

Looney

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
Bah, don't listen to them... shave it off! Being Chinese, I'm genetically gifted with less body hair, and infact i have practically NO hair whatsoever, and the hair i get are silky smooth. Only people that make comments of my bare arms and legs are guys, and they think i shave because i workout, but i don't really care what they think... not like i'm trying to pick THEM up. Girls love it, i get comments ALL the time.
I think the secret there is to have a good tan though... if your skin is too pale it does look kinda weird, but if you have a nice complexion then it'll look good.

CyberSax

Banned
Mar 12, 2000
Guys shaving their legs are a common practical joke on many sitcoms. Unless you're buff enough to convince people that you shave your legs for professional body building tournaments, you're just going to get laughed at when you go the beach.