Alorica/Convergys

Sphexi

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2005
If you don't work for either of these two companies, don't worry. If you do, then I hate your guts and you suck at your job. 50% of my daily workload is fixing problems created by people who work for one of these two moron factories. As is our company does over 60% of the workload between the 5 centers, almost twice our share.

So once again, if you work for Alorica or Convergys, die.

Nov 5, 2001
I built a call center for Alorica. They are a complete mess. If their company is as screwed up as the people I dealt with, I can't imagine how they get anything done.

Sphexi

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2005
Originally posted by: MikeyIs4Dcats
I built a call center for Alorica. They are a complete mess. If their company is as screwed up as the people I dealt with, I can't imagine how they get anything done.

Oh, they are. We measure a bunch of indicators that all get averaged out to a level of success for each person, one of those indicators is 7 day callbacks. If you deal with a customer, and they callback within 7 days, then your percentage goes up in that category. They want no more than 18% or so. On average I run about 11%, some days higher, some lower. Almost 3/4 of the calls I get involve issues that the person has previously called in for, and spoken with a rep from Convergys or Alorica, within the past week. Sometimes that person fixed the issue, and the customer is just paranoid, but most times they didn't, thus making half my workload to fix issues other reps create. And it's not just that they don't fix problems, it's that they create them. They'll take a simple thing and mess it up so bad that I have to redo the original action, plus 3 or 4 more to fix it. Then I have to cover their ass and apologize to the customer for "our" mistake, making it seem that I'm just as dumb as the last person they spoke with.

So yeah, if anybody drives past one of these two companies' call centers anytime soon, feel free to yell out the window at them for me.

Agentbolt

Diamond Member
Jul 9, 2004
Tucson. I don't answer the phones though, so I'm safe from your wrath. Considering I'm aware of no less than 2 people who work here to support their meth addiction, however, can't say I can argue with most of your rant.

Seriously though, you want to see a poorly managed company....Christ. Convergys rates highly in that category world-wide.

Sphexi

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2005
Originally posted by: Agentbolt
Tucson. I don't answer the phones though, so I'm safe from your wrath. Considering I'm aware of no less than 2 people who work here to support their meth addiction, however, can't say I can argue with most of your rant.

Seriously though, you want to see a poorly managed company....Christ. Convergys rates highly in that category world-wide.

I don't deal with the same customers you do then, there's only one Convergys center that I'm worried about, nowhere near Arizona. Still, you should all die :)