Allendale e6300 1.8ghz

Dominato3r

Diamond Member
Aug 15, 2008
Hello guys, Im not a very tech savvy person, but a friend of mine reccomended me to this site.

I would like to make my 1.8ghz CPU into something high like 2.2 or 2.4. Ive tried the BIOS but my computer is a prebuilt so the BIOS is locked down.

I want a simple and easy program that will do the calculations automaticly and will let me increase my speeds with ease.

I am using stock cooling and am wondering how far i might be able to go with this processor without buying a new cooler

Dominato3r

Diamond Member
Aug 15, 2008
I found a program called "Genclock" and it seems good. But i need some help. How do you select your PLL model??

MyLeftNut

Jul 22, 2007
You could try the "pin mod" to increase the default fsb speeds. Search on google and you'll find lots of tutorials with pictures of where to do the tracing with a conductive pen.

myocardia

Diamond Member
Jun 21, 2003
Originally posted by: Dominato3r
I am using stock cooling and am wondering how far i might be able to go with this processor without buying a new cooler

Welcome to anandtech. The answer to this question is somewhere between 2.7 & 3.0 Ghz, with complete safety. As far as using software like GenClock, it works, but can be frustrating, especially the "finding out which PLL's to use" portion. Google is your friend there, especially since you didn't tell us what motherboard you're using.;)

If you want to try pin-modding your chip, I would use this thread as a guide. But, like the author mentions, make sure that your motherboard and BIOS are "1333 compatible", or capable of running a 1333 Mhz (333 Mhz CPU base frequency FSB*) processor, like the E8400, or any of the others like it, or your board won't post at all, until you completely remove any and all of the conductive ink. As a matter of fact, if I were you, I wouldn't use conductive ink at all, I'd wait until I got some of this copper tape, which is both cheap, and easily removeable. Good luck.

* FSB= Front Side Bus

Dominato3r

Diamond Member
Aug 15, 2008
Im not good with the calculations, and genclock is kind of hard now that i think of it. Thanks, If there are any other techniques, please let me know!

My motherboard is Asus P5LP-LE

RussianSensation

Elite Member
Sep 5, 2003
Before you try to figure out your top cpu speed, it's important to find your top memory/motherboard FSB speed. To do this decrease the cpu multiplier to the lowest possible number (i believe 6x).

Increase the voltage on the CPU in the BIOS to 1.45V
Set FSB: Ram Ratio to 1:1
Increase DRAM voltage to 2.2V and relax the timing to 5-5-5-15
Increase northbridge voltage by +0.2V
Increase PCIe voltage by +0.1V.

At this point you should be able to take your system to its maximum FSB speed. After you have figured out what your top memory/FSB speed is, set the mulltiplier to 7 and now find the top CPU speed. Once you have found the top cpu speed, slowly start lowering DRAM voltage and northbridge voltage and PCIe voltage to find the lowest possible voltages that make your system stable. After you have done that, lower the CPU voltage as much as possible for that final adjustment.

Make sure to monitor your temperatures using something like CoreTemp 0.96. CPU-Z will tell you what voltage the cpu is running at. Use Orthos or Prime95 to test for stability.

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
RussianSensation, good advice overall, but i dont think thats going to help him, because he has a locked OEM bios.

RussianSensation

Elite Member
Sep 5, 2003
Originally posted by: VirtualLarry
RussianSensation, good advice overall, but i dont think thats going to help him, because he has a locked OEM bios.

Oh Larry good call, I missed that completely.