All the little kids growing up on the skids Go "Cleveland rocks!"

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

John Connor

Lifer
Nov 30, 2012
I hope the media doesn't interrupt the RNC if things go south outside. I'm tired of seeing this riot/protest shit and just want to see the damn speakers speak.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
So the Soros backed instigators are planning to riot? I know a few biker friends who will be there. They're planning to just ride in and stand by, just in case. They will not fight, unless a fight is instigated. They will not fire, unless fired upon. They will defend anyone against any thug they see starting shit against innocent people. There will be thousands, just in case the New Black Panthers or BLM get out of line. As long as everyone stays in their square and protests peacefully, there shouldn't be any problems.

ln case people forget...

Trump supporters threw the first punch.
Trump himself is the only candidate who advocated violence.

Just clarifying the record

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
As usual there will be the "tolerant" lefty activist thugs causing trouble. Hopefully the police do their jobs and put all of them in jail, but then of course people will be whining about why poor little thugs are picked on.

All I can say is, if you're going to the convention, be armed so you can defend yourself against thugs that start trouble.

TechBoyJK

Lifer
Oct 17, 2002
Nice! These guys wear suits during the week and a couple of them are executives with financial institutions. But, hey, go ahead and have your distorted image. They do love their Harleys though. ;)

If you drive a loud harley, you're instantly an asshole. I don't care what kind of suit you wear during the week.

Feb 16, 2005
Except you need a licensee to open carry there.

what the fuck does that have to do with what I said, and for some reason you used the word licensee, did you mean license and wouldn't a license be needed for concealed or open carry in most states?
derp johnny, big ol' derp.

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
I'm predicting little, if any, violence or unrest. Certainly not the open warfare you righties seem to be wishing for. There will be protests and demonstrations but they will be safely contained in "free speech" ghettos.

The fly in the ointment for my prediction is that in this era of no effective gun regulation whether a lone wolf flake (like in Dallas and Baton Rouge recently) will choose to strike.

To me the more interesting question is whether your open carry nut jobs are going to descend upon the Democratic Convention in order to "assert their rights."