All ten supercarriers are in port right now

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
Teddy had the great white fleet. Trump will have the hugest golden fleet.

They're in for retro fitting of course.

Aircraft-Carrier-Golf-Course-105630.jpg

Last edited:

dphantom

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2005
Tell it to Trump, who says that our allies need to pay the vig to keep our protection. That means buying more American military hardware, obviously.
Well that is a long series of non-sequitors.

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
Nice! Obama's retirement community complete with seaside golf course

The newest Trump resort additive more like it, he can drive one up the Potomac and park it right next to the White House by his new donor hotel and influence peddling office his first campaign manager has set up there.

He's filling that swamp pretty heavily really fast :p

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Obama is selling us out to the Chinese and North Koreans. Expect a sneak attack on South Korea and Japan.

Also something something Muslims attacking Israel.

I love it when I get the newest tinfoil hat style at tinfoilhats
.cm

You too? I just got the mucho supremo sombrero excelente model with the latest reflective coatings AND EMI/RFI absorbers.

I upgraded since finding out that Trump is going to personally take control over every intelligence agency at his disposal and is going to use them to brainwash those die hard's that refuse to believe those campaign promises that he made and broke.

He's already got millions of folks believing in him and his broken promises so I figured there's no way I want to end up like them poor bastards. :D

alcoholbob

Diamond Member
May 24, 2005
We had 14 in 1989. First time since WWII that we have not had a carrier at sea. I believe.

It's a lot cheaper having a big military when you aren't actively in a war though. Parading around a lot of equipment and soldiers is easy when you don't have to do war-time logistics.

As long as we are at perpetual war, the military will keep shrinking and the budget will keep going up. The true costs of war is enormous.

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
Sarah Palin posted this on Facebook and one of my idiot friends liked it or commented on it or something so I saw it on my feed earlier. I made the mistake of reading some of the comments and every single one of them was someone just as fuck-stupid as imported. I used to assume most people were relatively intelligent before the internet gave so many idiots a venue to display their stupidity.

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
It's a lot cheaper having a big military when you aren't actively in a war though. Parading around a lot of equipment and soldiers is easy when you don't have to do war-time logistics.

As long as we are at perpetual war, the military will keep shrinking and the budget will keep going up. The true costs of war is enormous.

You could but the US military budget across the board by 50% and redistribute the money for other things and it would still be the largest military on the planet.

Of course that would screw the whole system up, there is as much waste in most US federal departments.

People get all up in arms about schools and social programs, when they are pretty much starved to a large degree, while the Fed has been handing tax money hand over fist even to foreign Governments for decades.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
France has the only other real carrier at the moment right? Or do we count that one Brazil has? (Old french carrier from 60's?)

dphantom

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2005
France has the only other real carrier at the moment right? Or do we count that one Brazil has? (Old french carrier from 60's?)
I would consider the French carrier Charles De Gaulle the only other carrier close to equivalent with a US carrier. It is nuclear powered and can handle our F-18 and E2C Hawkeye.

The Brazilian carrier is an old decommissioned French carrier (Foch). Not good for much in a modern war.

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005
I'm waiting for the announcement of the USS Donald J Trump during his first 100 days in office. It will be made of solid gold colored tungsten to save the taxpayers money.:eek::p

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
I've implemented nightly checks under our beds for ISIS monsters. Kind of hard to even fall asleep now.