All Right I am Sick of This: Could my fellow conservatives please help me explain why we should not run to the UN???

tnitsuj

Diamond Member
May 22, 2003
All this talk about going back to the UN is obviously nonsense. The Bush administration took the brave and righteous step of finally eliminating that useless debating society the UN from the Iraq war and rebuilding. Please explain to all these tree hugging peace niks why the UN would only screw things up.

The president and his advisors had damn good reasons for telling the UN to go take a hike this past year. Please help me show these people how those are still more irrelevant than ever.

They couldn't have possibly been wrong.

Tripleshot

Elite Member
Jan 29, 2000
They couldn't have possibly been wrong.

Actually, that is a most deffinent possibility.

Has this administration got an exit strategy? Do they plan to keep our military there until hell freezes over? Are you an isolationist? Do you bleong to a group of people that think an organazition of nations set on bringing peace and accord to the world as not being in the interest of US citizens?

If so, you are one person I would just as soon see leave this country. You are not worthy of being among the patriotic, God fearing masses of this nation who do not wish harm on others, and do not subscribe to the U.S. being in the nation building business, or the world police.

But anyone who disagrees with you is a liberal tree hugger huh? Ask CaptnKirk how many trees he has hugged today. :disgust:

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Exit strategy? I know what that was

Everyone goes in to Iraq, crowds of coopertive and adoring Iraqis throw flowers and confetti, submitting to our every suggestion because they love us. How could they not, we are Americans! So with the dedicated and compliant Iraqis submitting to us, we turn around and leave, the world a better place.

Insane3D

Elite Member
May 24, 2000
Originally posted by: WinstonSmith
Exit strategy? I know what that was

Everyone goes in to Iraq, crowds of coopertive and adoring Iraqis throw flowers and confetti, submitting to our every suggestion because they love us. How could they not, we are Americans! So with the dedicated and compliant Iraqis submitting to us, we turn around and leave, the world a better place.

Wait...that didn't happen?!?!? :Q:|

:p

Sleestak

Banned
Nov 20, 2002
So, what would you crybabies do? Let's hear it. Stop your bitching and crying and let's hear what you would do. As for going back to the U.N. I believe that is a crock. The only reason to go back to the U.N. is to get all the pussy countries to send aid and peacekeepers to Iraq. Many are refusing to do so unless the U.N. approves, thus once again surrendering their sovereignty to an outside authority. This just proves they don't give a damn about the Iraqi people and just want to sit on the sidelines and stomp complain. If they were truly concerned about what was going on there they would help no matter the circumstances.

Czar

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Sleestak
So, what would you crybabies do? Let's hear it. Stop your bitching and crying and let's hear what you would do. As for going back to the U.N. I believe that is a crock. The only reason to go back to the U.N. is to get all the pussy countries to send aid and peacekeepers to Iraq. Many are refusing to do so unless the U.N. approves, thus once again surrendering their sovereignty to an outside authority. This just proves they don't give a damn about the Iraqi people and just want to sit on the sidelines and stomp complain. If they were truly concerned about what was going on there they would help no matter the circumstances.
look at the bigger picture

Sleestak

Banned
Nov 20, 2002
Originally posted by: Czar
The bigger picture? What bigger picture? The one painted with broad strokes by the countries that don't really give a damn about helping the Iraqi people but want to sit on the sidelines and whine about everything the U.S. has done?

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999

Sniff. First, the war never should have happened. Second, no one submits to the UN, though the US would have been wise to adhere to the wishes of the UN.

Czar

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
The bigger picture? What bigger picture? The one painted with broad strokes by the countries that don't really give a damn about helping the Iraqi people but want to sit on the sidelines and whine about everything the U.S. has done?
think outside of the box, think outside of what is happening in Iraq, think about the effect the UN has had on the world, think about the world if there is no UN (dont tell me it will be better because it definetly wont)

The bigger picture is the vality most countries look at the UN, that they look at the UN as a world body, there are ofcorse a few rouge states that ignore the UN but that is to be expected.

Sleestak

Banned
Nov 20, 2002
think outside of the box, think outside of what is happening in Iraq, think about the effect the UN has had on the world, think about the world if there is no UN (dont tell me it will be better because it definetly wont)

The bigger picture is the vality most countries look at the UN, that they look at the UN as a world body, there are ofcorse a few rouge states that ignore the UN but that is to be expected.
Nice shot at the U.S. there. As for the U.N. making the world a better place. What have they done, really? Oh they have aid agencies but how many more people could be fed with the money the U.N. wastes in so called "Administrative costs." Look at the food for oil program if you need an example. The U.N. was collecting huge sums of money from the sale of Iraqi oil but a mere pittance of it was making it back to the Iraqi people because the U.N. was charging outrageous fees for administering the program. Where has the U.N. made and kept peace? Korea? No, that was mostly a U.S. war fought under the U.N. flag. I dare say the war would have been shorter and would have come to a better end had the U.N. not been involved. Bosnia? No, it wasn't until the U.S. decided to get involved that the war over there was brought to an end. Mind you the whole time it was going on right in their own back yard the European countries did nothing. Once again looking across the Atlantic for help and then condemning us for the way we did things once it was resolved. No thank you, nothing from our "European allies" So, tell me again what good the U.N. has done in the world?

AnImuS

Sep 28, 2001

Nice shot at the U.S. there. As for the U.N. making the world a better place. What have they done, really? Oh they have aid agencies but how many more people could be fed with the money the U.N. wastes in so called "Administrative costs." Look at the food for oil program if you need an example. The U.N. was collecting huge sums of money from the sale of Iraqi oil but a mere pittance of it was making it back to the Iraqi people because the U.N. was charging outrageous fees for administering the program. Where has the U.N. made and kept peace? Korea? No, that was mostly a U.S. war fought under the U.N. flag. I dare say the war would have been shorter and would have come to a better end had the U.N. not been involved. Bosnia? No, it wasn't until the U.S. decided to get involved that the war over there was brought to an end. Mind you the whole time it was going on right in their own back yard the European countries did nothing. Once again looking across the Atlantic for help and then condemning us for the way we did things once it was resolved. No thank you, nothing from our "European allies" So, tell me again what good the U.N. has done in the world?

and dont forget to add kofi wants US soldiers in Liberia instead of ALREADY calling a meeting of 15nations and have them send troops.

I would prefer to be isolationist like China. which has worked for them.
But again since we have one of the deepest pockets everyone always wants a handout...

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: AnImuS

and dont forget to add kofi wants US soldiers in Liberia instead of ALREADY calling a meeting of 15nations and have them send troops.

Taylor asked for US troops, not Kofi.

AnImuS

Sep 28, 2001
Originally posted by: sandorski

"President Bush is considering a request from U.N. Secretary Kofi Annan that the U.S. provide up to 2,000 troops for a peacekeeping mission to the West African country. "

He also paid a visit to W.DC recently to talk about US involement...

Still with China and India having the largest military why the hell doesnt he ask them for help? they could easily give them more then 2k.

click me

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999

"President Bush is considering a request from U.N. Secretary Kofi Annan that the U.S. provide up to 2,000 troops for a peacekeeping mission to the West African country. "

Still with China and India having the largest military why the hell doesnt he ask them for help? they could easily give them more then 2k.

click me

Taylor asked first.

AnImuS

Sep 28, 2001

click me

Taylor asked first.

lol,

ok have it your way. but its still brings up my point on why he cannot ask other countries. like my example given above.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I'm sure he has, just because you haven't heard about it doesn't mean the US is being asked to do it alone.