ALL of my songs are back up!!

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Deeko

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
ic...yea the title thing that says Deeko just sucks, but I wanted to have something up there...I'm gonna work on something better sometime. What color do you think would be better for the left and top?

GrumpyMan

Diamond Member
May 14, 2001
This is a hilarious thread, just like the guy who considered himself a computer geek because he had a lot of hardware and peripherals on his computer.
Dweebo, maybe when your testicles drop and you get out of puberty your voice will drop an octave or two. Until then I would suggest you keep on cutting lawns to make a living.

Deeko

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
I don't know what you do for a living, but I probably make just as much as you, if not more, an hour DJing. And have you ever heard a pop song where the lead singer sang low? No? Didn't think so. So why would I want to drop a few octaves, if I sing pop music? And if you listen to the low version of this i promise you, you'll see that i can sing lower.

Ohhh, and another interesting name, you guys are RIGHT UP THERE with my old elementary school friends!

Alienwho

Diamond Member
Apr 22, 2001
Deeko, anybody can put CD's in the player and press play. I'd really like to know how much you get paid for that.

Deeko

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
Did you listen to the beatmixes? Did it occur to you that I do things like that at parties? I guess not. My price varies from $30-$40/hour, if you really have to know.

GrumpyMan

Diamond Member
May 14, 2001
"And have you ever heard a pop song where the lead singer sang low?"
Barry White, Lou Rawls, Issac Hayes just to name a few. But that was not my point. Sorry if I offended you. You must have testicular fortitude to put up those songs. Rock on man. Good luck on your career!

Russ

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Damn. Tough crowd.

Deeko,

I think your songs are wonderful. I find them to be profoundly moving, possessed of a powerful message that tears at the soul. I wept, I laughed, I rejoiced in the magnificance that is your voice, and the poetry found in your words.

Russ, NCNE

Azraele

Elite Member
Nov 5, 2000
Deeko: I see potential in your voice, but it hasn't quite been realized. As someone suggested, I'd go with a bit of voice training (or have you already?).

Good luck. :)

Deeko

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000

<< or have you already?). >>

No, I haven't...I know I should, but I'm too freakin' lazy :) And I'm not trying to make a career out of this, I just do it for fun.

Azraele

Elite Member
Nov 5, 2000
<<And I'm not trying to make a career out of this, I just do it for fun. >>

If it's all in fun, then fun's fun, and the only reason for voice lessons would be if you personally wanted to improve.

Myself, I can't sing, ...not a note, ...not a lick, ...not even in the shower.

kami

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

<< Welcome to Deeko's Website!

You've reached the homepage of the world's next pop sensation! Enjoy your stay!

The news link takes you to the latest news in the exciting career of Deeko
>>

lol :D world's next pop sensation? did you put that up as a joke?

Deeko-

I don't like your music at all &amp; will never like it, but you have balls the size of texas for posting this and I wish you luck.

Urinal Mint

Platinum Member
Jan 16, 2000
What the hell is wrong with you Deeko? You've been jacking off to Poopchute Boys pictures in front of your monitor all day. It's like 6 f'in PM in Dallas, I dunno what time it is where you live, but you should've spent some time outside today at the KMart handing that CD out or something. Go get some sun... no reason to sit on a messageboard for 8 hours and defend your feeble attempt at singing. It's a commendable attempt, but man, it's brutal on the ears to listen to that mess.

Urinal Mint

Platinum Member
Jan 16, 2000

<< I don't like your music at all &amp; will never like it, but you have balls the size of texas for posting this and I wish you luck. >>

Dude, it's not very fair to bring Texas into this fight and make it look puny (save it Red Dawn)... at least compare his balls to some other state, like Alaska.

HansHurt

Platinum Member
Apr 5, 2001
Your vocal talents give hope to guys like me who have been smoking for the last 15 years.

I will say no more, even though it is extremely tempting.

technogeeky

Golden Member
Dec 13, 2000

<< a) Oh, so I didn't do that beatmix? Wait...yes I did. Did it occur to you that more than one DJ did the same mix? That is such a blatently obvious mix, any DJ that knows what beatmixing is would do that mix. So, how bouts you shut up cause you are totally wrong. Would you like me to go buy a webcam so that you can WATCH me mix it? Yea, that's what I thought, you're an idiot, so just go away.

b) Why would any radio station care if a DJ can sing or not? You REALLY should think more before you speak.
>>

The voice remark was in regards to your terrible singing.

And, if you *copied* that mix you:
a. did a damn good job
and/or
b. copied copyrighted material

So suck it, son. Stop making yourself out to be worthwhile - you're not!

Deeko

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000

<< Go get some sun... no reason to sit on a messageboard for 8 hours and defend your feeble attempt at singing. >>

Actually, I was doing other things on here for the most part of the day, and would check up on my thread here and there. And for those of you who spend their Saturday night on AT, I actually went out :Q

<< lol world's next pop sensation? did you put that up as a joke? >>

Yes.

<< The voice remark was in regards to your terrible singing.

And, if you *copied* that mix you:
a. did a damn good job
and/or
b. copied copyrighted material

So suck it, son. Stop making yourself out to be worthwhile - you're not!
>>

Well duh. You said that no DJ would play a song by me because I can't sing, while talking about the beatmix.

And no, I didn't copy the beatmix. Why don't you get that? Any DJ with half a brain would do that mix, its just too easy. What is so hard to understand here?

Deeko

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
Oh, and another thing, a DJ can't copywrite a beatmix. Beatmixing is simply a method of going from one song to the next. Maybe you are thinking of remixing, or hey, maybe you are an idiot and think that some DJ put the &quot;Hold up&quot; followed by the Dre beat in What Would You Do, and that that is a &quot;beatmix&quot;, when in fact you are an idiot and that is just the way the song is. That wouldn't surprise me either. Did you even download the song?

Chaotic42

Lifer
Jun 15, 2001

<< Deeko, anybody can put CD's in the player and press play. I'd really like to know how much you get paid for that. >>

*Chaotic42 puts on flame resistant suit to answer

Dunno about mix DJs, but radio DJs make from $6-$12/hr. I made $5.15 doing overnights
(watching the equip) and doing on-air weather.

*Chaotic42 steps out of the fire