All new 2007 Lexus ES350 **Updated 1/31**

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Finality
Originally posted by: iversonyin
Originally posted by: NFS4
Originally posted by: z0mb13
it will probably still drive like a boat

:D

Does it matter?

IS = Sporty entry-level luxury
ES = Comfy entry-level luxury

Since when does Lexus = Sporty?

One drives like a boat the other like a barge.

I hate lexus at least Infiti and Acura have a purpose in their design.

1) Have you never driven the IS300 or the new IS350? The IS300 was always billed as a hard-edged, rowdy sports sedan. It was never quite E46 level, but it was a damn fine handler. The IS350 friggen rips the E90 330i a new asshole in acceleration and is just a bit behind it in all-out handling.

2) Purpose in their design? And what would that be?

I don't think he ever driven a car that caliber. He just look at the exterior and interior pics from the car website and base his decision in buying them.

Lexus design definitely have a purpose.

Cayenne Turbo and S Class owner here so I definetly have driven cars of 'that caliber' I have driven the Lexus and if you think thats sport go drive a Cayman S, the steering on that car is telepathic.

With the Infiniti the design is sport so are the engines and overall car layout. The Acuras are the same but to a lesser degree. All the Lexus is is a GIGANTIC barge with no soul or character.

Actually I was wrong Lexus definetly has a purpose its called 'souless vehicle on 4 wheels'.

FYI my next car is going to be a 2k2 911 Turbo hopefully I'm going to pick one up late next month in Seal Grey with Boxster Red interior :D

Translation: Look at me, I have money. PHEE FYE FO FUM!!

andylawcc

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
can't really tell only from the frontal profile. but it looks alright.

on a related note: I really to start liking the new IS look. new GS is "blasphemiously" ugly compare to the previous timeless classic.

Finality

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: iversonyin
Originally posted by: z0mb13
it will probably still drive like a boat

:D

Does it matter?

IS = Sporty entry-level luxury
ES = Comfy entry-level luxury

Since when does Lexus = Sporty?

One drives like a boat the other like a barge.

I hate lexus at least Infiti and Acura have a purpose in their design.

1) Have you never driven the IS300 or the new IS350? The IS300 was always billed as a hard-edged, rowdy sports sedan. It was never quite E46 level, but it was a damn fine handler. The IS350 friggen rips the E90 330i a new asshole in acceleration and is just a bit behind it in all-out handling.

2) Purpose in their design? And what would that be?

I don't think he ever driven a car that caliber. He just look at the exterior and interior pics from the car website and base his decision in buying them.

Lexus design definitely have a purpose.

Cayenne Turbo and S Class owner here so I definetly have driven cars of 'that caliber' I have driven the Lexus and if you think thats sport go drive a Cayman S, the steering on that car is telepathic.

With the Infiniti the design is sport so are the engines and overall car layout. The Acuras are the same but to a lesser degree. All the Lexus is is a GIGANTIC barge with no soul or character.

Actually I was wrong Lexus definetly has a purpose its called 'souless vehicle on 4 wheels'.

FYI my next car is going to be a 2k2 911 Turbo hopefully I'm going to pick one up late next month in Seal Grey with Boxster Red interior :D

Translation: Look at me, I have money. PHEE FYE FO FUM!!

Suck it

Whats your problem? Someone called me out on my lack of 'social status' and I called him back.

NFS4 translation: Look at me I hate people who have more than I do.

Finality

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
Also any true car nut would know how soulless cars from Lexus are not you magazine racers.

Drive a real car then drive the IS and get back to me. Yes I have driven the IS and while it is tighter than the old IS its still a barge.

Anyone know if the new IS is still a Corolla on steroids?

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: psteng19
Originally posted by: DLeRium
interior kicks g35's ass... COME ON INFINITI.. learn to improve the damn interior so it's realy worth 35k...

Text

I'll wait to see what the production version looks like :p

psteng19

Diamond Member
Dec 9, 2000
Originally posted by: psteng19
Originally posted by: DLeRium
interior kicks g35's ass... COME ON INFINITI.. learn to improve the damn interior so it's realy worth 35k...

Text

I'll wait to see what the production version looks like :p

Judging from the Fuga Concept's interior -> Infiniti M interior, it will lose some of the more radical features but quality and F&F should be up there.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
not quite so flounder-ish as the current model

i bet a lot of people mistake it for an avalon

jaedaliu

Platinum Member
Feb 25, 2005
Originally posted by: Farbio
Originally posted by: Ktulu
what the hell is wrong with the center stack

that was the biggest problem i had with it too....ugleeeee!!

Does this really matter? I find that I don't actually look at the stuff inside the car when I drive. And yes, I do have my seat pushed all the way back with a slight backwards lean.

DaveCSparty

May 14, 2000
Originally posted by: jaedaliu

Does this really matter? I find that I don't actually look at the stuff inside the car when I drive. And yes, I do have my seat pushed all the way back with a slight backwards lean.

You don't look at the outside either, style doesn't matter at all then?

Muadib

Lifer
May 30, 2000
Originally posted by: DaveCSparty
Originally posted by: jaedaliu

You don't look at the outside either, style doesn't matter at all then?
OWNAGE!!!!:p