All Japanese cars suck!

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

BudAshes

Lifer
Jul 20, 2003
Why did you create an account to reply to a nineteen year old post? You didn't even include a spam link!

There is no period so maybe there was more to his post but he died in the middle of posting and his face smashed on his mouse sending his reply.

Nov 8, 2012
lol Japanese cars (Honda/Toyota specifically) are statistically (and thus factually) the most reliable cars in existence. Period. End of story.

If you need further proof just look at the depreciation values of non-Japanese vs. Japanese.

I wanted to buy a RAV4 for more space for the kids and was looking at 3-4 year old ones.... The cost was so fuggin high for a used car I opted for once in my life to actually buy a new car because I valued the 3-4 years of warranty and wear/tear over the slightly reduced price.

Seeing moron 'MERICANS that get butt-hurt and think GM/Fiat/Ford cars are anything but the bottom of the barrel is just funny.

Scarpozzi

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
lol Japanese cars (Honda/Toyota specifically) are statistically (and thus factually) the most reliable cars in existence. Period. End of story.

If you need further proof just look at the depreciation values of non-Japanese vs. Japanese.

I wanted to buy a RAV4 for more space for the kids and was looking at 3-4 year old ones.... The cost was so fuggin high for a used car I opted for once in my life to actually buy a new car because I valued the 3-4 years of warranty and wear/tear over the slightly reduced price.

Seeing moron 'MERICANS that get butt-hurt and think GM/Fiat/Ford cars are anything but the bottom of the barrel is just funny.
1602091999287.png

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003

Nope, they're the worst. I read it somewhere on the interwebs (this thread) so it must be true.

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I consider my Lexus to be American since it lives in America, drives in america, and breathes american air. It also drinks fuel in america, some of which I assume, was likely refined in America, and, some of which may even have been drilled in America!!!

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
Consumer Reports:

Looks like the Japanese are only middle of the pack and don't actually fare better.

rs2XzDv.jpg

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Family has had Hondas or Toyotas pretty much only for the last 25 years. Never a major problem. Every mechanic I've ever spoken to swears by Honda and Toyota as some of the most reliable out there - long term that is. Next car will be one of those too. Either an Accord or Prius. Probably Accord.

JPB

Diamond Member
Jul 4, 2005
Where is GM on there ?

Love me some Mitsubishi though.