All 7,100 Starbuck stores are closing!

Safeway

Lifer
Jun 22, 2004
Starbucks uses the term Barista very, very loosely. My Starsmucks employees couldn't tell the difference between mild roast and dark roast.

OdiN

Banned
Mar 1, 2000
Originally posted by: jjones
Any way to get this extended to permanently?

One could hope.

Crappy coffee.

I just grind my own beans and make myself a nice cup each day. Just a bit of Irish Cream flavoring added and that's it.

Jeff7

Lifer
Jan 4, 2001
I'm sure every Starbucks employee is really looking forward to this.

[CEO Howard Schultz] wants baristas to share their passion for making espresso, or as he says, "to pull the perfect shot, steam milk to order and customize their favorite beverage."
"Hey shareholders, look at me! I'm genuinely working! Really, I am!"

DukeN

Golden Member
Dec 12, 1999
Starbucks has quality product, but ludicrious prices and snobs galore. Dunkin Donuts = nastiness that happens when you try to make up for lack of flavor by adding sugar. Tim Hortons FTW!

Safeway

Lifer
Jun 22, 2004
Originally posted by: DukeN
Starbucks has quality product, but ludicrious prices and snobs galore. Dunkin Donuts = nastiness that happens when you try to make up for lack of flavor by adding sugar. Tim Hortons FTW!

J.P.'s Java in Austin is great.

A5

Diamond Member
Jun 9, 2000
* >> Ass Juice >>>>> Coffee.

They do have some tasty warm cookies though :p

digiram

Diamond Member
Apr 17, 2004

Tim Hortons puts crack in their coffee. Everyone in Buffalo is addicted to that stuff.

Electric Amish

Elite Member
Oct 11, 1999
Originally posted by: Utterman
Originally posted by: Anubis
DD >>> starsucks

http://money.cnn.com/2008/02/2...ucks/index.htm?cnn=yes

Dunkin Donuts has countered by offering $99 drinks:

Dunkin' Donuts - "to ensure that no coffee lover is denied a delicious espresso-based beverage" - announced that it will offer small lattes, cappuccinos or espresso drinks for a promotional price of 99 cents on Tuesday from 1 p.m. to 10 p.m.

$99? What a deal!

anxi80

Lifer
Jul 7, 2002
Originally posted by: Electric Amish
Originally posted by: Utterman
Originally posted by: Anubis
DD >>> starsucks
http://money.cnn.com/2008/02/2...ucks/index.htm?cnn=yes

Dunkin Donuts has countered by offering $99 drinks:

Dunkin' Donuts - "to ensure that no coffee lover is denied a delicious espresso-based beverage" - announced that it will offer small lattes, cappuccinos or espresso drinks for a promotional price of 99 cents on Tuesday from 1 p.m. to 10 p.m.
$99? What a deal!
in for 3! green for the op! ++

Jhill

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 2001
My mom use to have a joke about starbucks. You have to train for 4 weeks when you get hired there. The first 2 weeks you learn about coffee and the next 2 weeks they train you on how not to laugh when they tell you your total.

I know it's not funny, but 100 times better than my moms usual jokes.

Miramonti

Lifer
Aug 26, 2000
This is so they reenergize Starbuck's growth...to help flood our cities and towns more than they already have.

Closing down for 3 hours sounds like a better way to piss off its current customers. :confused:

Kntx

Platinum Member
Dec 11, 2000
Originally posted by: digiram

Tim Hortons puts crack in their coffee. Everyone in Buffalo is addicted to that stuff.

Tim Hortons coffee is flavourless. It is the coffee of the unwashed masses.