Alita: Battle Angel movie thread

brainhulk

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2007
Not expecting too much, but Christopher Waltz and James Cameron so i will try to go this weekend.

Thoughts?

ctbaars

Golden Member
Nov 4, 2009
Same here. I really like the effect of the CGI overlay on the live action. I hope it turns out better than the ending of Avatar boss fight CGI. Christopher Waltz is an excellent supporting actor.

DietDrThunder

Platinum Member
Apr 6, 2001
I saw a trailer for this movie last night. I think I'll wait until it is released for streaming. That way if it sucks, I can just stop watching it.

Nov 27, 2001
I've been sort of following it since it had some potential. Reviews appear to be rather all over the place, which may represent how it's teetering on a fresh rating on Rotten Tomatoes (last I checked, 59%).

I still have a gift card that can't be used at the theater that I normally visit, so I end up seeing random movies at another theater. In that case, I may either use it on this or Happy Death Day 2U.

I did hear some remarks that the 3D is actually good in this movie, so I might have to check that out.

Oct 10, 1999
Cameron brings a lot of baggage to any project but thankfully he's not in the director's chair.
Robert Rodriguez is an amazing director and he has done consistently great work.
I love Christoph Waltz and Jennifer Connelly in many films that I have seen them in. I'm not very familiar with many of the other actors, but, I have no reason to doubt or dislike them. I'm not sure about the animation style, but, I'll give it a chance simply because of the Robert Rodriguez name on it.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS