Alienware Aurora VS ABS (Newegg brand)

KingstonU

Golden Member
Dec 26, 2006
Which would you choose if you had two equally spec'd and equally priced pre-builts (~$1,700 USD for 8700K + 1080Ti + 16GB RAM + 240GB SSD)

Alienware New Aurora or ABS?

ABS Example: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883102517&Description=ABS battlebox&cm_re=ABS_battlebox-_-83-102-517-_-Product

ABS I'd never heard of before, looks like Newegg bought them to be their pre-built brand, it's really just various Newegg components put into a complete system.

Alienware owned by Dell is a well known brand. I wonder if their return policy is bad / annoying to deal with? Is Newegg return policy known for being good?

I suspect it would be easier to upgrade things like RAM in the ABS as it's just off the shelf components whereas Dell uses weird brand-less components.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Last edited:

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
I don't know, but the ABS pre-built computers at Newegg look pretty decent to me, and fairly standard components, which is important to me.

Btw, ABS is a distributor; Newegg is their retail sales arm. ABS made Power Supplies that were sold by Newegg in the past as well, I own one. Before Newegg came up with their "Rosewill" house-brand.

So, yeah, ABS is Newegg's "House brand" for PCs, just like Microcenter's "PowerSpec" brand, which can also be a good deal at times too. (For a while, with mining GPU prices, a pre-configured PowerSpec PC with an included dGPU was a real steal.)