Aliens: Colonial Marines (Steam Price Drop)

stahlhart

Super Moderator Graphics Cards
Dec 21, 2010
...down to $19.99. Makes that 75% $4.99 sale we've all been anxiously waiting for possible. :awe:

ImpulsE69

Lifer
Jan 8, 2010
...down to $19.99. Makes that 75% $4.99 sale we've all been anxiously waiting for possible. :awe:

Got it for $11 during Steam sale (but from Amazon). Granted this was post patch, so I never saw how truly bad it is, but it's not a bad game for that price.

felang

Feb 17, 2007
Got it for $11 during Steam sale (but from Amazon). Granted this was post patch, so I never saw how truly bad it is, but it's not a bad game for that price.

Is this the game that was a total letdown and generally just plain sucked? Does the patch make it worth playing?

clok1966

Golden Member
Jul 6, 2004

got it when released, wasn't that bad of a game even then.. some awful graphic glitch, yes, some of the worst I have seen .. started to wonder if the guys who did the Skyrim engine helped them :)

i think it was hammered so bad cause its just an OK game.. not great by any stretch, but not the steaming pile most claimed either. But you add some bad graphic glitches to average gameplay it can be a bit of a let down.

I found it very average and some forced game play mechanics, the ammo seemed a bit sparse at time, the AI was crap, but you had an ear out of cover, they hit it at times..while your gun shot in cone that was 2 feet wide at 30 feet... Ths shotgun had great Damge at 3 feet and none at 10.. (exaggeration) but it was pretty worthless at a few feet.. not very close to a real one (it is game, i get that).

easy $15 game in my book.. worth a play.. not like nobody else will make one for awhile. Rebellions AvP stuff is better.

Oct 20, 2005

I got this from Newegg when they had it on sale for free after $15 rebate. It's a decent game but I wouldn't have paid more than $10 for it. $5 steam sale seems appropriate heh.