Alcohol? Not in My Cab!

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

tvarad

Golden Member
Jun 25, 2001
"They must remember that Prophet Mohammed did at a point use dogs"

Just curious. Did a Muslims's ability to reason and form an independent opinion die with Muhammed?

magomago

Lifer
Sep 28, 2002
Nope. It existed and flourished for a very long time ;) Just in recent times we have this idiocy. OF course with time, hopefully people will wise up and begin to really read and analyze the Quran they way they did 800 years ago

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Finally someone with some sense made a decision at Twin Cities. Bottom line, you want to work the job, behave according to the rules of the job and rule number one says you cannot refuse fare without cause. Just because your religion doesn't allow you to consume alcohol, it doesn't say you cannot carry alcohol.

brownzilla786

Dec 18, 2005
from article:
Starting about a decade ago, some Muslim taxi drivers serving the airport declared that they would not transport passengers visibly carrying alcohol, in transparent duty-free shopping bags

Its SOOOO hard to put the alcohol away, cab drivers usually buy the cab they drive, so if they dont want the alcohol, then thats it. They lose the customer, so whose loss? How is this a big deal anway? How many people are really affected by this? Now Muslims will take over the worllld aaaah!!!!

give me a break

imported_dna

Golden Member
Aug 14, 2006
Click on the second link in my previous comment buddy...

Perhaps we should create separate taxis for whites and blacks too....