Alcohol choice may reflect political orientation

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

First

Lifer
Jun 3, 2002
NATIONAL MEDIA RESEARCH, PLANNING & PLACEMENT, LLC (NMRPP)

NMRPP provides research-based media planning and placement strategies for Republican campaigns at every level of elected office, from Mayor to President, as well as Issue/Advocacy campaigns. We offer 30 years of success providing the highest-quality strategic media counsel by utilizing innovative research tools to target political consumers via television, cable, radio, print and digital media.

Quality OP.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
I know the more stupid drunk you become the more your think like a brain defective conservative.

First reader comment from the OP's link (theblaze.com): "Liberals should just avoid alcohol all together, they are already highly inebriated on stupidity and ignorance."

I'd say you two have a lot in common.

piasabird

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I don't drink Alcoholic beverages and have not for about 15-20 years. I spend all that money on computers.

Maybe you are just brainwashed by what you see in movies and on TV.

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2000
For what it's worth I am a centrist Democrat and usually drink bourbon (lately Knob Creek Single Barrel is my favorite).

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I can say the highest turnout Republicans seriously need to get a better choice in wines.

I'm a big fan of Maker's Mark though, which puts me right in the centrist Republican Bermuda triangle of shitty booze that includes Kahlua, Irish Cream, and Franzia. (FRANZIA)

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
For what it's worth I am a centrist Democrat and usually drink bourbon (lately Knob Creek Single Barrel is my favorite).

Lately, I've really gotten to liking the small barrel batch Rare Wild Turkey. It's sweet and spicey, the way I like it. I'll skip the Woodford.

Jack only pretends to be whiskey.

Last edited:

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I tend to be pretty liberal in general, but I dislike the democrats quite a bit. (They are all lying scumbags who "sold out" to corporate interests. I dislike the republicans a bit more more, since they are also all lying scumbags who "sold out" to coporate interests, but, the republicans don't even pretend they will do anything that I care about.)

Anyhow, I drink beer, Winter I pretty much drink various porters/stouts. Spring and Fall are all about IPAs & Belgian quads, tripels, and strong ales.
Summer I tend to add some Wheat ales to the mix, and maybe rarely a lager.

Zaap

Diamond Member
Jun 12, 2008
Seen no evidence of this what-so-ever in real life. Sounds like utter horseshit.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
First reader comment from the OP's link (theblaze.com): "Liberals should just avoid alcohol all together, they are already highly inebriated on stupidity and ignorance."

I'd say you two have a lot in common.

True and not without intention. But there is this, if you didn't read what I linked:

Low-Effort Thought Promotes Political Conservatism

Scott Eidelman eidelman@uark.edu
Christian S. Crandall
Jeffrey A. Goodman
John C. Blanchar

Abstract

The authors test the hypothesis that low-effort thought promotes political conservatism. In Study 1, alcohol intoxication was measured among bar patrons; as blood alcohol level increased, so did political conservatism (controlling for sex, education, and political identification). In Study 2, participants under cognitive load reported more conservative attitudes than their no-load counterparts. In Study 3, time pressure increased participants’ endorsement of conservative terms. In Study 4, participants considering political terms in a cursory manner endorsed conservative terms more than those asked to cogitate; an indicator of effortful thought (recognition memory) partially mediated the relationship between processing effort and conservatism. Together these data suggest that political conservatism may be a process consequence of low-effort thought; when effortful, deliberate thought is disengaged, endorsement of conservative ideology increases.

Feb 10, 2000
Lately, I've really gotten to liking the small barrel batch Rare Wild Turkey. It's sweet and spicey, the way I like it. I'll skip the Woodford.

Jack only pretends to be whiskey.

Yeah, I really like Wild Turkey Rare Breed. Actually my assistant bought me a bottle of the even-ritzier Kentucky Spirit for Christmas, which was great. You may also want to try Russell's Reserve, which is not labeled as a Wild Turkey product but was also handpicked by WT guru Jimmy Russell.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Yeah, I really like Wild Turkey Rare Breed. Actually my assistant bought me a bottle of the even-ritzier Kentucky Spirit for Christmas, which was great. You may also want to try Russell's Reserve, which is not labeled as a Wild Turkey product but was also handpicked by WT guru Jimmy Russell.

Definately have to give it a try.

Nov 30, 2006
I generally drink beer. But I've got a friend who drinks Spiced Captain Morgan (which is smack dab in the middle of the chart) and he's probably the biggest low information conservative that I know. I call shens! :D

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I generally drink beer. But I've got a friend who drinks Spiced Captain Morgan (which is smack dab in the middle of the chart) and he's probably the biggest low information conservative that I know. I call shens! :D

Maybe the choices are regulated by what kind of audience a producer targets their advertising to.

Ken g6

Programming Moderator, Elite Member
Dec 11, 1999
So does this mean Democrats should give all their friends Smoking Loon and Republicans should give all theirs Robert Mondavi? And I guess Independents should give Turning Leaf?

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
So does this mean Democrats should give all their friends Smoking Loon and Republicans should give all theirs Robert Mondavi? And I guess Independents should give Turning Leaf?

I have to say that nobody should be giving their friends Robert Mondavi.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Right now I have open bottles of Harvey's Bristol Cream Sherry and Grand Marnier.