Albatross 18 Season 2 Golf

CorCentral

Banned
Feb 11, 2001
I had played this on the pc late last year and it kept locking up on me at certain parts (had to restart computer) so I deleted it. My sis just recently visited and brought her Wii and SuperSwing Golf (same as Albatross from the looks of it) and I was hooked.

So now I'm downloading this again to see if the locking up is still present.......

1--- Can you gain experience/unlock items playing by yourself or vs. computer? Or do you HAVE TO play online with an actual person? If I have to play an actual person, I'll stop the download pronto **LOL**

2--- Have any of you experienced lockups or anything back in Oct/Nov last year with this game?

3--- Is there cheating going on within' the game when playing online with other people?

CorCentral

Banned
Feb 11, 2001
I found out why it was locking/shutting down now........
Kaspersky just popped this up (Proactive Defense) after playing for about 1min
8/8/2007 2:16:01 PM C:\Games\Albatross18 Season 2\Albatross18\ProjectG.exe Hidden process (rootkit) detected. Rootkits try to ensure that malicious programs they hide are never discovered.

Originally Posted by support019
Hey everyone, we figured out what's going on with this issue and I thought I'd update you all with the details.... The anti-virus program Avast updated this morning, and is detecting Gameguard as a Trojan virus, because during game play, GameGuard scans the user's system to make sure no hacking programs are being used in the game Albatross18. as Rudyard stated, Gameguard is a rootkit, and it would seem that since Avast hasn't been informed that it's an anti-hack program, Avast has assumed that it is a virus, and is giving out a warning. There are no trojans, viruses, adware, or spyware of any kind in Gameguard. At the moment, we are communicating with both Avast and Gameguard to get this problem solved as quickly as possible. In the meantime, we thank you all very much for your patience and concern.

I suppose I should add this to "Trusted" in Kaspersky?