Alabama Prisons release sick prisoners

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005

Inmates suffering heart attacks, on the verge of diabetic comas and brutalized in jail beatings have been released so sheriffs wouldn’t have to pay for their medical care. Some were rearrested once they had recovered.

finally some fiscal responsibility!

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004

top of the page on the AL.com website. In other news, damn that main page is full of wtf.

Anyways, WRT the OP, that's a sad state of affairs....

Reactions: KMFJD

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Prisons and jails in this country are awful. Estelle v. Gamble is pretty clear, but what power does an inmate really have to get justice?

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Human pain, suffering, and outright torture is the consequence of not having every American insured. Of maintaining the expensive largess of our bloated insurance company boondoggle. Stories like these are why I support taxes to ensure medical coverage for every American. I would rather trade large out of pocket expenses and denial of care, for a somewhat higher tax rate.

Why would you want to live in a society where it could be you or a loved on placed into this position?

Reactions: Paladin3 and KMFJD

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Human pain, suffering, and outright torture is the consequence of not having every American insured. Of maintaining the expensive largess of our bloated insurance company boondoggle. Stories like these are why I support taxes to ensure medical coverage for every American. I would rather trade large out of pocket expenses and denial of care, for a somewhat higher tax rate.

Why would you want to live in a society where it could be you or a loved on placed into this position?
I don't but my opposition to the status quo means I hate America and want to turn it into Venezuela with Sharia Law.

Reactions: Paladin3 and KMFJD

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
wheel in a ditch, and one on the track.

A popular make and model, particularly in the South I've noticed. Anyone remember this sterling son of Alabama?

Note: the whistleblower in that case, a lawn mower who the sheriff paid with a Dept. Food Provision check, was immediately jailed for 4 days once the news broke. Damn spies!

Last edited:

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Prisons and jails in this country are awful. Estelle v. Gamble is pretty clear, but what power does an inmate really have to get justice?

In mostly red states? Very little I think. No prison is a cake walk, and shouldn't be, but there also shouldn't be a proud culture of graft, abuse and corruption running the show.

Last edited: