Alabama Boy Kills 1,051-Pound Monster Pig

Status
Not open for further replies.

K7SN

Jun 21, 2015
This happened in 2007.
admin allisolm

This happened a few days ago but I think no one else had started a thread. Those rednecks and hunters among the group I hope will appreciate this; the rest can have an opportunity to quip and flame on. I have added snippets from the news article for those who don't wish to follow this link: http://www.foxnews.com/story/2007/0...1-pound-monster-pig-bigger-than-hogzilla.html

An 11-year-old Alabama boy used a pistol to kill a wild hog that just may be the biggest pig ever found. The hog apparently weighed 1,060 pounds and measured 9-feet-4 from the tip of its snout to the base of its tail. Think hams as big as car tires. The initial report of the weight was 1,051 but an error in reading at truck scale marked in 10 pound units caused the initial reported weight. The young man (how could call him a boy) shot the hog eight times with a .50-caliber revolver and chased it for three hours through hilly woods before finishing it off with a point-blank shot. Trees had to be cut down to allow access for a backhoe to retrieve the beast.

Last edited by a moderator:

K7SN

Jun 21, 2015
that pig is pretty tough now since the story was published in 2007.

You are confusing this hog with the well debunked Hogzilla of a decade ago. This hogs head is at the taxidermist and the still 11 year man is probably get more A's in school now.

Jan 25, 2011
You are confusing this hog with the well debunked Hogzilla of a decade ago. This hogs head is at the taxidermist and the still 11 year man is probably get more A's in school now.

I think he is confusing the article date of May 2007 as being almost a decade ago...

GagHalfrunt

Lifer
Apr 19, 2001
So a fish story with no fish.

"I once caught one T---------H-----------A--------------T big" doesn't cut it.

GagHalfrunt

Lifer
Apr 19, 2001

The story you linked is dated 2007. Please grow a brain ASAP, k?

K7SN

Jun 21, 2015
Mea Culpa. I received the article in an email without the date or a link. I assumed, the first three letters of assumed describes what I feel like now, the article was current. After it was pointed out by many I re-goggled the article and confirmed my mistake. I have no defense for posting this stale story; except perhaps because I felt I wouldn't add an avatar until I had made a hundred posts, I posted in haste. .

Status
Not open for further replies.