Al Qaida claims responsibility for blackout

LeadMagnet

Platinum Member
Mar 26, 2003
http://www.worldtribune.com/worldtribune/breaking_5.html

Al Qaida's Abu Hafs Brigades has claimed responsibility for the blackout last week in the Northeast and Midwest United States. A communiqué by the Abu Hafs Brigades made reference to Operation Quick Lightning in the Land of the Tyrant of this Generation."

It was published as "the third communiqué by the "Brigades."

In the first, they accepted responsibility for the downing of an airplane in Kenya. The second accepted responsibility for the Jakarta bombing of the Marriott hotel on August 5, 2003.

The new communiqué says that in compliance with the orders of Osama bin Laden to strike at the American economy, the Brigades struck two important electricity supply targets on the East coast, according to the Middle East Media Research Institute. The Brigades say that they cannot reveal how they did it, because they will probably have to use the same method again soon. The communiqué also claimed that the operation was meant as a present for the Iraqi people.

nice to read the excerpts from Al-Hayat below the article

Article

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
Well ... I guess this set the stage for the invasion of Kasaquickstan or what ever nation it is that supports the Al Qaeda these days.

AnImuS

Sep 28, 2001
i will only believe it when i see something similar happen soon or some type of hard evidence.
Other then that its another "rah rah" for their cult followers.

dragonballgtz

Banned
Mar 9, 2001
I would not be too surprised if it were Al Qaida or some other terrorist group.

From blaming a lightning strike, to its New Yorks fault then Cleveland. It does seem kind of odd.

One thing I did not like was the tone in President Bush's voice when he spoke. He seemed afraid of something bigger then the blackout. I'm not good at expressing myself in typing or writing but....he just did not say what he said in a 100% or even 50% convincing manner. Like he has holding back info and knew what he was saying was a lie.

phillyTIM

Golden Member
Jan 12, 2001
Bush does nothing but cover up things; he'd never be a poker player because he doesn't have a poker face.

I wouldn't be suprised at all if the blackout was a terrorist deed; it's odd that there are still many questions about what went on, what caused it, a week now after it happened. What's up with that?

It was said on the news the other night that the Bush Regime hopes it wasn't a terrorist attack for two reasons:

1. It would freak the New Yorkers out even more

2. It would look bad for Bush, because it would be the second major strike to America during his term. Now that we are honing into Election '04, Bush doesn't need that.

A cover-up wouldn't suprise me at all, this "President" practices the "confuse and conquer" tactic over and over again.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Al Queda would claim the next hurricane as their own if they could. I don't know about this story, but if it were reliably reported, why wouldn't they? It would have the same effect whether they did it or not. Most likely the reason they didn't claim it to begin with is because if they did and it turned out to be a squirrel in a transformer, they would look pretty silly once people started photochopping rodents into terrorists on Fark.

tallest1

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2001
While I'd like to see some proof, I don't doubt the claim because 1) Bush is a habitual liar. The guy was stumbling through words in his first speech. I think he knows something. 2) ...... forget it, I don't need a #2. I don't trust Bush at all

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000
Originally posted by: tallest1
While I'd like to see some proof, I don't doubt the claim because 1) Bush is a habitual liar. The guy was stumbling through words in his first speech. I think he knows something. 2) ...... forget it, I don't need a #2. I don't trust Bush at all

I don't trust Bush either.

That said, keeping an attack hidden makes no sense at all by the logic he has demonstrated so far. It would take no effort to frighten people into supporting a new campaign into somewhere, or at least twisting it into support for attacking Iraq.

phillyTIM

Golden Member
Jan 12, 2001
Another strike against America would look bad because his Homeland Security isn't keeping things secure. Which would give Bush an image of inability to keep our States safe. Which translates into LESS election numbers.

While it didn't cause any death, that I know of, it caused widespread stress and panic. Obviously less panic than if they said "OMG it was a terrorist attack". And that's all a terrorist has to do--create fear, uncertaintly and doubt in people.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: zephyrprime
What?! Is this for real? Any confirmation of this?

Only Hint I've seen is this little snippet:

Power Swings Seen Hours Before Blackout

The council also reported that as of Sunday evening all the electric transmission systems that had been affected by the blackout were again operating reliably, except for a link between Michigan and Ontario, Canada, which remains out "due to operational security reasons."

The statement did not elaborate, but it said the line was expected to return to service soon. Twenty-one power generating plants remained down, about a fifth of those that had been shut down by the blackout, the council said.

tallest1

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2001
And that's all a terrorist has to do--create fear, uncertaintly and doubt in people.

I bet you the remaining Bush supporters are going to argue that debating the possibility raises confusion, thus supporting terrorists, thus being 'unpatriotic' again. -_-

rudder

Lifer
Nov 9, 2000
Originally posted by: phillyTIM
Bush does nothing but cover up things; he'd never be a poker player because he doesn't have a poker face.

I wouldn't be suprised at all if the blackout was a terrorist deed; it's odd that there are still many questions about what went on, what caused it, a week now after it happened. What's up with that?

It was said on the news the other night that the Bush Regime hopes it wasn't a terrorist attack for two reasons:

1. It would freak the New Yorkers out even more

2. It would look bad for Bush, because it would be the second major strike to America during his term. Now that we are honing into Election '04, Bush doesn't need that.

A cover-up wouldn't suprise me at all, this "President" practices the "confuse and conquer" tactic over and over again.

Get your tnfoil beanies now! Of course, maybe it was just a big f!ck up by First Energy corp. Or was it? The president of first energy is a white person of european descent whose wifes brother in law had an uncle whose dad emigrated from Nazi Germany.

RDWYTruckDriver

Jul 16, 2003
I don't believe it. They are just taking credit to try to scare the American public and maybe Canada's public as well.

spaceman

Lifer
Dec 4, 2000
Originally posted by: RDWYTruckDriver
I don't believe it. They are just taking credit to try to scare the American public and maybe Canada's public as well.

nor do I believe it.

Medea

Golden Member
Dec 5, 2000

That's possibly true, but the issue, if not the problem, is that the blackout could very well have been the act of either a terrorist or of a nut acting alone. Right now, you really don't know for sure, do you?
Also, I agree with others here that Bush took a very long time before responding. He could've responded quickly and said something like we're promptly investigating the cause and assuring that it won't be repeated. I got the feeling he really didn't want to say anything about it but for the fact that he had to say something since it affected 50 million people.

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Unpossible......Everything that goes wrong in the world is Bush's fault
rolleye.gif

Even when he is pushing legislation that would have fixed the power grid and was being held up by the neo-dems like Hillary, who showing her utter stupidity blamed Bush for it, even after having spent 8 years in the white house not doing anything about it and 2 years in the Senate rejecting any power grid bills.

I'm sorry but, I've completely lost any respect to anyone who can see her as a viable candidate, when she is nothing but a vote-whore that soapboxes any reason to condemn the current administration.

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
Al Qaaida's CLAIM is a good move for them - whether true or not.

And the Bush Adm - with about as much truthfulness and honesty as Nixon's - plays into their propaganda hands (for the OTHER 6 billion people).

rolleye.gif

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000
Originally posted by: Nitemare
rolleye.gif

Even when he is pushing legislation that would have fixed the power grid and was being held up by the neo-dems like Hillary, who showing her utter stupidity blamed Bush for it, even after having spent 8 years in the white house not doing anything about it and 2 years in the Senate rejecting any power grid bills.

I'm sorry but, I've completely lost any respect to anyone who can see her as a viable candidate, when she is nothing but a vote-whore that soapboxes any reason to condemn the current administration.

Out of curiousity, do you have links where he was sponsoring transmission line improvement? May exist, but never saw it.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Neither do I. It's extremely unlikely that this was a terrorist event. And it's not like this type of event has never happened before.
A few years ago (in August of 1994?) on a hot summer day, a high tranmission line in Hillsboro, OR near Intel sagged from the hot summer heat and grounded on a tree. The resultant power spike forced McNary Dam ~250 miles east on the Columbia River offline, a cascade effect occurred, and within minutes the entire 8 state western power grid was down. LA went without power for 12 hours.

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: Vic
Neither do I. It's extremely unlikely that this was a terrorist event. And it's not like this type of event has never happened before.
A few years ago (in August of 1994?) on a hot summer day, a high tranmission line in Hillsboro, OR near Intel sagged from the hot summer heat and grounded on a tree. The resultant power spike forced McNary Dam ~250 miles east on the Columbia River offline, a cascade effect occurred, and within minutes the entire 8 state western power grid was down. LA went without power for 12 hours.
Youre missing the POINT . . . when it happened BEFORE - we KNEW almost immediately what caused it . . .

With the Bush Adm, we're IN THE DARK. :p

rolleye.gif

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
That afternoon in a suburb outside of Cleveland, Ali Ali Oxenfree and his Asshat Brigade all turned on their AC's causing the grid to overload which resulted in the largest Blackout in American History

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Originally posted by: apoppin
Originally posted by: Vic
Youre missing the POINT . . . when it happened BEFORE - we KNEW almost immediately what caused it . . .

With the Bush Adm, we're IN THE DARK. :p

rolleye.gif
:confused:
I think that has more to do with the Canada element than anything. When I was visiting in Canada last week, it seemed that the only thing the Canadian media could talk about was how the US was to blame for the outage and how they should pay for it, etc. It really digusted me. You don't like our grid, don't hook up to it.

kaizersose

Golden Member
May 15, 2003
so i was finishing up my tin foil hat and thinking about this whole blackout thing when it came to me. all the world's problems can be traced back to that bush liar! all these terrorist groups have been created by him so that he could build that dept. of homeland security and take over the world. i watched his speech a while back when he was talking abou creating the dept. and right when he said "homeland" he stuttered. i knew that he really meant "world" and that means its only a matter of time before he takes over the world! first, he will deploy the oil companies because they are behind all world poverty and strife. they will cut down all of the trees because bush hates trees and puppy dogs and kittens and has been plotting to deforest the earth since he was "elected" by 8.65% of the voters. then, they will use giant vaccuun cleaners, yes vaccuum cleaners, to suck anything of value from the earth which bush will then store on his texas ranch which will then become so crowded that he will have an excuse not to ride horses because he hates horses. that bush liar is so selfish. he is doing all of this because he hates horses!!!

[sigh]...couldnt resist

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Originally posted by: WinstonSmith
Originally posted by: Nitemare
rolleye.gif

Out of curiousity, do you have links where he was sponsoring transmission line improvement? May exist, but never saw it.

a somewhat biased source though