"Al-Qaida at War with Itself, Author Says"

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002
Originally posted by: punchkin
Originally posted by: feralkid
It was a bet with a colleague: She said she didn't think I could get someone on the internet to burst into insults and spend half of an afternoon badgering me if I made a simple factual post on a politcal discussion board.

By pwning yourself? Interesting bet. It's good to see you own up to it, though.

You are becoming my personal stalker now?

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002
It was a bet with a colleague: She said she didn't think I could get someone on the internet to burst into insults and spend half of an afternoon badgering me if I made a simple factual post on a politcal discussion board.

No, She said she didn't think I could get someone on the internet to burst into insults and spend half of an afternoon badgering me if I made a simple factual post on a politcal discussion board.

Can't you read?

It looks like I' doubling my money, thanks, Punchkin.

punchkin

Banned
Dec 13, 2007
Who the hell asked for your opinion?

PWNED. Learn from this, and take the time to read up before having an "opinion" next time-- and definitely take the time to read and know what you're posting.

You're just playing "tit for tat" from the other day.

... mmm, don't remember the last time I crushed you, and as a matter of fact I didn't even remember YOU. But anyone can remark upon pwnage, you know. And this is a remarkable example.

RichardE

Banned
Dec 31, 2005
Originally posted by: RichardE
Originally posted by: palehorse74
There are five in that list, sir, not 2.

Look, Mr. hot throbbing neck veins, I said that there are still suicide attacks in Israel.

There are.

I provided proof.

Quit making corollary arguments of which I want no part.

Sound simple enough?

sheesh!

:roll:

hey genius, his point wasn't that there are none, only that the actions very effectively reduced their number and effectiveness. Now you're just playing semantic games in an effort to deflect the pwnage... but those don't work around here.

we're just too smart for you. :Q

Fail.

I'm well aware of the point he's attempting to make.

I simply stated that there are indeed still suicide attacks upon Israel.

There are.

The fact is, you are simply trying to engage in "gotcha" tactics and presume that I said something other than what is in plain black and white.

Get over yourself.

Well, since I didn't say they had stopped what was your point exactly in this thread? If you were trying to prove that the amount had not changed you failed at that. If you were trying to prove the wall had not worked you failed at that. If you were just saying "there are still some" we agreed at the start so I'm not sure where your "zomg not! (crappy link I have yet to read)" post came from. If you could explain that would be great.

Actually, I was addressing palehorse, but I guess you could say my point was what I have always said it was. What you have forced me to re-state about a half million times: That there are, indeed, still suicide attacks on Israel.

If "we agreed at the start", why did you keep badgering me.

I can only re-iterate 5 times before I have to change my batteries, so please try to be considerate of that.

I'm not badgering. Just trying to see what your motivations were with your reply and link you posted if our view of the situation was the same. If you indeed do think that the wall did lower the amount of attacks why bother posting in the first place?

I'm still not sure what you were trying to prove with

Originally posted by: Lemon law
As Israel starts its 60'th Birthday, all their strength and repression seems to do nothing to solve the conflicts. And the US tried shock and awe in Iraq and Afghanistan and we have two almost totally intractable quagmires to show for it. And soon the Olmert government is likely to fall, and Israel can have its own little battle within itself.

As for Al-Quida, their failures, IMHO, are basically due to bad tactics. In which case they may learn and start employing more effective tactics. And Israel and the US have that potential to learn.

But we learn nothing by denial.

The wall stopped the suicide bombings for the most part. The Lebanon war stopped most of the rockets.

Seems to be working decently imo

Yeppers, no more suicide bombings in Israel.

Not.

I am still waiting for your links to

"Riiight...except the bit he cherry picked is from January 2007, and there have been several suicide bombings committed against the state of Israel since then.

Watch who you call a moron, Bub; your slip is showing

Unless you were just talking out of your ass

Than we have this reply

I said "yeppers, no more suicide bombings in Israel".

There have been more; that is a simple fact.

Most are in the link I posted.

Google yourself for the others, if you are truly interested.

edit: here's some more, with missile attacks included. Text

A quick google search shows 2 since 2006, your updated link shows 2 since 2006, so no change there.

Soooo I guess the problem is..

If you agreed with me in the first place why bother replying in a manner that is trying to show "the wall failed" ?

Where do I send your share of the winnings?

I didn't insult you though :confused:

Either way, I'm glad we agree that while there are still bombings in Israel, the wall has significantly decreased that amount to make them a rarity instead of the norm :beer:

punchkin

Banned
Dec 13, 2007

No, She said she didn't think I could get someone on the internet to burst into insults and spend half of an afternoon badgering me if I made a simple factual post on a politcal discussion board.

Can't you read?

You didn't just make a simple factual post. You attempted to refute RichardE very badly, in fact failing to even read what you were linking to, and increased the pwnage with subsequent denials when RichardE and palehorse74 skewered you. Pwnage, pure and simple, with a healthy dose of self-pwnage by you.

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002
Originally posted by: palehorse74
There are five in that list, sir, not 2.

Look, Mr. hot throbbing neck veins, I said that there are still suicide attacks in Israel.

There are.

I provided proof.

Quit making corollary arguments of which I want no part.

Sound simple enough?

sheesh!

:roll:

hey genius, his point wasn't that there are none, only that the actions very effectively reduced their number and effectiveness. Now you're just playing semantic games in an effort to deflect the pwnage... but those don't work around here.

we're just too smart for you. :Q

Fail.

I'm well aware of the point he's attempting to make.

I simply stated that there are indeed still suicide attacks upon Israel.

There are.

The fact is, you are simply trying to engage in "gotcha" tactics and presume that I said something other than what is in plain black and white.

Get over yourself.

Well, since I didn't say they had stopped what was your point exactly in this thread? If you were trying to prove that the amount had not changed you failed at that. If you were trying to prove the wall had not worked you failed at that. If you were just saying "there are still some" we agreed at the start so I'm not sure where your "zomg not! (crappy link I have yet to read)" post came from. If you could explain that would be great.

Actually, I was addressing palehorse, but I guess you could say my point was what I have always said it was. What you have forced me to re-state about a half million times: That there are, indeed, still suicide attacks on Israel.

If "we agreed at the start", why did you keep badgering me.

I can only re-iterate 5 times before I have to change my batteries, so please try to be considerate of that.

I'm not badgering. Just trying to see what your motivations were with your reply and link you posted if our view of the situation was the same. If you indeed do think that the wall did lower the amount of attacks why bother posting in the first place?

I'm still not sure what you were trying to prove with

Originally posted by: Lemon law
As Israel starts its 60'th Birthday, all their strength and repression seems to do nothing to solve the conflicts. And the US tried shock and awe in Iraq and Afghanistan and we have two almost totally intractable quagmires to show for it. And soon the Olmert government is likely to fall, and Israel can have its own little battle within itself.

As for Al-Quida, their failures, IMHO, are basically due to bad tactics. In which case they may learn and start employing more effective tactics. And Israel and the US have that potential to learn.

But we learn nothing by denial.

The wall stopped the suicide bombings for the most part. The Lebanon war stopped most of the rockets.

Seems to be working decently imo

Yeppers, no more suicide bombings in Israel.

Not.

I am still waiting for your links to

"Riiight...except the bit he cherry picked is from January 2007, and there have been several suicide bombings committed against the state of Israel since then.

Watch who you call a moron, Bub; your slip is showing

Unless you were just talking out of your ass

Than we have this reply

I said "yeppers, no more suicide bombings in Israel".

There have been more; that is a simple fact.

Most are in the link I posted.

Google yourself for the others, if you are truly interested.

edit: here's some more, with missile attacks included. Text

A quick google search shows 2 since 2006, your updated link shows 2 since 2006, so no change there.

Soooo I guess the problem is..

If you agreed with me in the first place why bother replying in a manner that is trying to show "the wall failed" ?

Where do I send your share of the winnings?

I didn't insult you though :confused:

Either way, I'm glad we agree that while there are still bombings in Israel, the wall has significantly decreased that amount to make them a rarity instead of the norm :beer:

No problem, I've enjoyed many of your posts here, and it was unfortunate we had a mis-understanding.
:beer:

P.S. do you know any way to get Wharton (Punchy) to shut up?

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002

Can't you read?

You didn't just make a simple factual post. You attempted to refute RichardE very badly, in fact failing to even read what you were linking to, and increased the pwnage with subsequent denials when RichardE and palehorse74 skewered you. Pwnage, pure and simple, with a healthy dose of self-pwnage by you.

So... what's it to YOU? You weren't contributing anything to the discussion.

Busy body FTL.

punchkin

Banned
Dec 13, 2007

Can't you read?

Busy body FTL.

No, self-pwnage FTL. LOL. I have contributed at least the knowledge that you are PWNED. You seem to be reveling in your pwnage. Kudos.

punchkin

Banned
Dec 13, 2007
No problem, I've enjoyed many of your posts here, and it was unfortunate we had a mis-understanding.
:beer:

You shouldn't use the word "we". It was you who screwed up.

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002

Can't you read?

Busy body FTL.

No, self-pwnage FTL. LOL. I have contributed at least the knowledge that you are PWNED. You seem to be reveling in your pwnage. Kudos.

Someone's looking for a ban.

event8horizon

Nov 15, 2007
im just wondering if Ayman al-Zawahiri is the real brains behind AQ, besides the cia and mi6. he is from the muslim brotherhood who was "a wing of nazi intel" according to john loftus. the interesting thing about the muslim brotherhood is that they had men in the u.s. financing and possibly working on the software that allowed for the "blips" on 911. the cia absorbed the whole gehlen spy ring after ww2. the question is, did the gehlen spy ring direct the cia or the cia direct the reinhard gehlen spy ring!!!!

http://www.cooperativeresearch...detailed_look=bmiPtech

Soliman Biheiri. He is the head of BMI and a member of Ptech?s board. US prosecutors will later call him the US banker for the Muslim Brotherhood, a banned Egyptian militant group. He will later be convicted for lying and immigration fraud (see June 15, 2003). Soliman Biheiri. He is the head of BMI for the duration of the company?s existence. US prosecutors will later call him the US banker for the Muslim Brotherhood, a banned Egyptian militant group. Biheiri?s computer will eventually be searched and found to have contact information for Ghaleb Himmat and Youssef Nada, leaders of the Al Taqwa Bank, which is founded two years after BMI (see 1988). After 9/11, the US and UN will designate both Himmat and Nada and the Al Taqwa Bank as terrorist financiers, and the bank will be shut down (see November 7, 2001). US prosecutors say there are other ties between BMI and Al Taqwa, including financial transactions. Biheiri also has close ties with Yousuf Abdullah Al-Qaradawi. Qaradawi is said to be a high-ranking member of the Muslim Brotherhood, a shareholder in Al Taqwa, and has made statements supporting suicide bombings against Israel. In 2003, US investigators will accuse Biheiri of ties to terrorist financing. He will be convicted of immigration violations and lying to a federal agent (see June 15, 2003). [Wall Street Journal, 9/15/2003; Forward, 10/17/2003] Biheiri will be convicted of immigration fraud in 2003 and then convicted of lying to federal investigators in 2004 (see June 15, 2003).