Al-Qaeda No. 3 killed

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When you finally get off the floor and your chuckling rate reduces enough for your brain to process information, you might finally get around to asking yourself, why are we still in Afghanistan, still bleeding money and lives, and what are we trying to accomplish as an end goal?

Are you starting to get it yet, or do you need it explained in more detail?

The point is that Nato chased Al-Quida and the Taliban out of Afghanistan and into Pakistan in the first six months, way back in the spring of 2002. The Nato problem is keeping them out. And Nato will not win the subsequent peace until Nato can keep the Taliban and Al-Quida out of the entire region. And step one for Nato is to win the hearts and minds of the people of Afghanistan and the tribal regions of Pakistan. And what is really screwing Nato up in that area is a lack of funding to build any modern infrastructure, a total lack of troops, and then Nato really cuts their own throat by SUPPORTING a totally corrupt and
dysfunctional Afghan government, and now the Nato compounds that error by exporting
its violence to the tribal areas of Pakistan. And while the average American on the street may not lose any sleep when American made drones kill innocent civilians, women and children, it has especially made the people in the Tribal regions of Pakistan hopping mad angry at the USA and Nato. And when that civilian anger against US drones is married to the concrete action of joining the Taliban or Al-Quida, and then killing Nato soldiers to drive Nato and the drones out of their home country, maybe its time to wipe that silly grin off your face and start using your head for something other than a hat rack.

If nothing else we can say, we have been at it in Afghanistan for damn neat 10 years now, and we are further away from victory than when we started. And if do not believe me, you might note Gen McCrystal is making many of the same points.

Um, what made me LOL was the thought of the UN even thinking about banning the use of unmanned drones in warfare. I'm not sure why you thought to follow that up with a rant, but I'm game if you are.

As far as I'm concerned, I'm all for the extermination of anyone associated with the Taliban or al-Qaeda. Maybe you are and maybe you aren't. Shrug.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Um, what made me LOL was the thought of the UN even thinking about banning the use of unmanned drones in warfare. I'm not sure why you thought to follow that up with a rant, but I'm game if you are.

As far as I'm concerned, I'm all for the extermination of anyone associated with the Taliban or al-Qaeda. Maybe you are and maybe you aren't. Shrug.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
No, as far as I am concerned its about starting to win in Afghanistan, as a US citizen I would like to win, and part of winning is understanding why we are now losing, correcting those negative things that cause to lose, so we can start winning in the future.

Or do you just love wasting your tax payer money and the lives of other so we can lose in the end? Are quagmires cheaper by the dozen yet?

ayabe

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2005
Workers comp insurance for that AQ #3 job must be crazy expensive :D

I believe this is the seventh #3 we've killed, the applicant pool ought to be getting pretty thin nowadays. I heard they even stopped doing credit checks....