Al-Jazeera chased out of Basrah

Tiger

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
Fox news is reporting two reporters for Al-Jazeera were physically chased out of town by newly freed Iraqi's. All the way back to Kuwait.
Payback is a bitch.

alchemize

Lifer
Mar 24, 2000
I think AJ has lost a bit of its glimmer to the Arab world.

"We discovered that all what the [Iraqi] information minister was saying was all lies," said Ali Hassan, a government employee in Cairo, Egypt. "Now no one believes Al-Jazeera anymore."

Run Baghdad Bob 24/7, never questioning his statements...thank you AJ for totally discrediting yourselves in a way we never could have!!

snowwie

Aug 8, 2002
Al-Jazeera was never a respected news source in the arab world

they are banned from several arab countries

I'm not suprised they were chased out

remember when a US bomb killed one of their reporters (well, according to you-know-who)? no one cared

they are the slime and disgusting creatures of the media world

if there was a city just for the media, al-jazeera would infest the sewers, scrounging (sp?) for shit

ok maybe I went overboard, but I bet nearly all media sources (in the US and the rest of the world) are ashamed of al-jazeera

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: snowwie
Al-Jazeera was never a respected news source in the arab world

I'm not suprised they were chased out

remember when a US bomb killed one of their reporters (well, according to you-know-who)? no one cared

they are the slime and disgusting creatures of the media world

if there was a city just for the media, al-jazeera would infest the sewers, scrounging (sp?) for shit

ok maybe I went overboard, but I bet nearly all media sources (in the US and the rest of the world) are ashamed of al-jazeera
Not that I am a fan but why should we think you are a credible source of that info?

Tiger

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
What you doubt the valadity of Al Fox News?
It was originally reported by Kuwait TV and confirmed by Fox.
Laugh all you want about Fox. They're #1 on cable/sat and all cable sat channels kicked the big three's ass in the latest ratings.
Seems the people have spoken about who they trust for news.

LH

Golden Member
Feb 16, 2002

The reason they are banned from a few arab countries is, some countries dont find them as pro arab as they want them to be.

AndrewR

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
But, wait, I thought al-Jazeera was the voice of the Arab world? You mean, they might actually not be universally accepted?!?? Oh, the horror. :Q

Originally posted by: Tiger
Laugh all you want about Fox. They're #1 on cable/sat and all cable sat channels kicked the big three's ass in the latest ratings.

Didn't you know? It's only the arch-conservatives that watch Fox while all the unbiased and honest people watch the other news networks, since everyone knows that anchors like Peter Jennings are completely neutral in their reporting.
rolleye.gif

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: Tiger
Why shouldn't they have been, they were the biggest cheerleaders for the American side. I watch them but then again I am American and I support this action so I want to hear pro American reporting like many others who support this military action. That doesn?t mean they weren't as slanted as Al Jeezera because they were

ianbergman

Oct 17, 2001
Fox has some fun stuff but for real news... They're first because they appeal to the unwashed masses, not because they have the best reporting
(sorry, I've got a bee in my bonnet about them)

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
Originally posted by: ianbergman
Fox has some fun stuff but for real news... They're first because they appeal to the unwashed masses, not because they have the best reporting

They hire people like Laurie Dhue, Heather Nauert, and Jennifer Eccleston. 'Nuff said. :D

Insane3D

Elite Member
May 24, 2000
Originally posted by: Astaroth33
Originally posted by: ianbergman

They hire people like Laurie Dhue, Heather Nauert, and Jennifer Eccleston. 'Nuff said. :D

I find it amusing that they repeat the "fair and balanced" slogan over and over and over...you know..like they are trying to convince us. I prefer CNN and MSNBC myself...less sensationalism. Have you seen Heidi Collins on CNN or Natalie Morales on MSNBC? Laurie Dhue looks like someone left some silicon in her lips..