Al Gore's Shameful Academic Record

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

JustAnAverageGuy

Diamond Member
Aug 1, 2003
Originally posted by: Riprorin
Yet, the leftists want you to think the George Bush is the dope, lol.

Ok, so what if Gore was an idiot? Does that make Bush more intelligent? No.

Does it matter that Gore ran for president and lost four and a half years ago and lost? Not really now. Too late to change the past.

I don't see the purpose of this therad.

Infohawk

Lifer
Jan 12, 2002
Originally posted by: RandomFool
I've always believed grades don't matter as long as you learn something. I've got a ton of friends who are easily smarter than me but suck at tests.

We have 270 million people. I don't think it's too much to ask for someone who's smart AND is good at tests.

I am a bit disappointed in Al. There aren't really any excuses.

HombrePequeno

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2001
First off, who gives a sh!t aboot this?

Second, Dubya's grades aren't anything to write home aboot either.

dahunan

Lifer
Jan 10, 2002
DOES AL GORE HOLD A POLITICAL OFFICE RIGHT NOW

***************************************************QUIT TROLLING******************************

Riprorin

Banned
Apr 25, 2000
Originally posted by: dahunan

***************************************************QUIT TROLLING******************************

No, he just goes around giving ridiculous speeches.

NJDevil

Jun 10, 2002

How is this at all relevant. If this was before the 2000 election, then this is appropriate, but what's the point of posting it now besides a ridiculous flamewar?

I thought good christians forgave others, you seem to hold an immense amount of hatred towards the left.

Riprorin

Banned
Apr 25, 2000
Originally posted by: NJDevil

How is this at all relevant. If this was before the 2000 election, then this is appropriate, but what's the point of posting it now besides a ridiculous flamewar?

I thought good christians forgave others, you seem to hold an immense amount of hatred towards the left.

Really? Just because I've pointed out Al Gore's abysmal academic record?

NJDevil

Jun 10, 2002

I don't know why I bother ... but what point is there in pointing this out? I don't think anyone really cares about Gore anymore. Even if this was about kerry it would be irrelevant to politics and news. News because it's old, and politics because Gore is no longer a politician!

homercles337

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2004
Originally posted by: Genx87
Originally posted by: NeoV
so let me get this straight.....you highlighting Gore's grades makes Bush smart? If you think that way, god help you.

I'll agree that Gore was generally portrayed by the media as the 'more intellectual' man - but listen to 5 sentences from each of them and tell me who you would guess is the smarter man?

Public speaking ability does not equate to intelligence.

Communication of ideas, thoughts, concepts is primary tenent of intelligence. One which president Dumb Dumb seriously lacks.

Also, "gentleman's Cs" at a school he got into because of his genealogy is hardly excelling--hell its really considered failing.

Riprorin

Banned
Apr 25, 2000

I don't know why I bother ... but what point is there in pointing this out? I don't think anyone really cares about Gore anymore. Even if this was about kerry it would be irrelevant to politics and news. News because it's old, and politics because Gore is no longer a politician!

AL Gore 2008

BarneyFife

Diamond Member
Aug 12, 2001
Originally posted by: CanOWorms
How do they get access to grades? Are they freely available?

Any business can request a transcript.

Really? I'm pretty sure that their is a confidentially agreement between the student and the school thus the University can't just hand over your grades to anyone. Try to get a transcript from your school and they require a photo id.

Riprorin

Banned
Apr 25, 2000
Originally posted by: homercles337
so let me get this straight.....you highlighting Gore's grades makes Bush smart? If you think that way, god help you.

I'll agree that Gore was generally portrayed by the media as the 'more intellectual' man - but listen to 5 sentences from each of them and tell me who you would guess is the smarter man?

Communication of ideas, thoughts, concepts is primary tenent of intelligence. One which president Dumb Dumb seriously lacks.

Also, "gentleman's Cs" at a school he got into because of his genealogy is hardly excelling--hell its really considered failing.

While Gore was flunking out of divinity school and quitting law school, Bush was completing his MBA from Harvard.

Who's the failure?

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
And those businesses the Propagandist ran after he graduated? Those *failed* businesses?

3chordcharlie

Diamond Member
Mar 30, 2004

While Gore was flunking out of divinity school and quitting law school, Bush was completing his MBA from Harvard.

Who's the failure?

Both of them.

Rainsford

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001
Well considering my grade record during the last 4 years I've been at college, I'm apparently smarter than both Gore and Bush. Maybe that means I should be president. Or at the very least I can make still make fun of them.

Sure, I didn't go to Harvard of Yale, but I also had a real major (computer engineering). I figure that balances out, plus I beat them both by a significant amount :D

Rainsford

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001

Who's the failure?

Getting an MBA from Harvard is impressive if you get in on merit, which Bush didn't (unless you count having the last name of "Bush" a learned skill).

Edit: By the way, if you want a fun little game to play with snotty Ivy League punks, when they tell you where they went to school, ask which one of their relatives got them in. It's great fun. The ones that got in on merit alone, those are the people I'll save my respect for.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com

and why do you care?

You afraid he is going to energize the Loser Liberals???

WiseOldDude

Feb 13, 2005
When Bush supporters get desperate as they watch their idiot stumble it is amazing to see what they try to use as a diversion. Irregardless of how much stuff you find or make up about anyone else, Bush is still a raving madman.