Akon Releases "Apology" Song

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
bump just heard it, dunno why he's saying sorry he danced with a 14 year old @ a club that was 21 and older. Don't think he's psychic and I've never asked to see ID when I dance at a 21&over spot *shrug* Maybe he didn't apologize for throwin the kid off the stage because he's not sorry for that :) The Media really went after him for the girl incident and never once did I hear any newspaper/news program bring up the fact the club was 21 and over. A shame they want to tarnish peoples names for no good reason, this song is pretty good.

AznAnarchy99

Lifer
Dec 6, 2004
I didnt like the song until i saw the video. Basically it goes "im sorry for dancing with her but its her parents fault too but who cares put it all on me"

moshquerade

No Lifer
Nov 1, 2001
Originally posted by: QueBert
bump just heard it, dunno why he's saying sorry he danced with a 14 year old @ a club that was 21 and older. Don't think he's psychic and I've never asked to see ID when I dance at a 21&over spot *shrug* Maybe he didn't apologize for throwin the kid off the stage because he's not sorry for that :) The Media really went after him for the girl incident and never once did I hear any newspaper/news program bring up the fact the club was 21 and over. A shame they want to tarnish peoples names for no good reason, this song is pretty good.

he "danced" with her? he pulled her out of the crowd and dry humped the crap out of her on stage. he threw her around like a rag doll.

what? it was mentioned all over the place that she was under 21 in a club that wasn't supposed to be letting her in. i don't think that excuses what he did. what if it was your daughter? he humiliated the hell out of her, and her family. when he pulled her up on stage for "a dance" i don't think getting porked on stage was her first thought.

even if you think he did nothing wrong, he has remorse as proven by this song.

alien42

Lifer
Nov 28, 2004
Originally posted by: moshquerade

he "danced" with her? he pulled her out of the crowd and dry humped the crap out of her on stage. he threw her around like a rag doll.

what? it was mentioned all over the place that she was under 21 in a club that wasn't supposed to be letting her in. i don't think that excuses what he did. what if it was your daughter? he humiliated the hell out of her, and her family. when he pulled her up on stage for "a dance" i don't think getting porked on stage was her first thought.

i just watched the video again and he didnt pull her out of the crowd, she was on stage shaking her booty before he touched her. she was also a willing participant and as such was not humiliated.

moshquerade

No Lifer
Nov 1, 2001
Originally posted by: alien42

i just watched the video again and he didnt pull her out of the crowd, she was on stage shaking her booty before he touched her. she was also a willing participant and as such was not humiliated.
link to the video where she says she was not humiliated?

Fox5

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2005

There's a video of youtube of her dancing the same way at several other clubs, so if she's humilated then she's not very bright.

fallenangel99

Golden Member
Aug 8, 2001
Its not his fault for not know she was 21+. So what, I'm sure singers have done worse than "dry hump" a girl regardless on-stage or back stage. She didn't try to resist or smack him or pull off him when he dry-humped her. She enjoyed it. I'm sure other girls in the crowd would hve liked that too.

coinz

Oct 1, 2004
Originally posted by: Fox5

There's a video of youtube of her dancing the same way at several other clubs, so if she's humilated then she's not very bright.

ya there's videos of her just a few nights after that doin the same thing in some other club..

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000

lets see. she snuck into a club. she dressed like a slut. she got up on stage (and has done it at other places).

yeah i can see how this is tottaly Akons fault! :laugh:

mrSHEiK124

Lifer
Mar 6, 2004
Originally posted by: Fox5

QFT, "I'm humiliated" is bullshit, she knew damn well what she was doing.

Apr 17, 2005
Originally posted by: waggy

lets see. she snuck into a club. she dressed like a slut. she got up on stage (and has done it at other places).

yeah i can see how this is tottaly Akons fault! :laugh:

but hes a black hip hop star

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002

he didn't pull her out of the crowd, as far as what they did, it's pretty tame compared to some of the shit I've seen happen as clubs. I mean hell, people typically don't go to clubs to have round table discussion about science and books. She was a groupie and weather she understood it or not considering her age, getting "porked" was probably her goal.

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002

all over? the coverage I saw in Southern Cali never mentioned this, hell most of the coverage I saw even called Akon a "rapper" which was news to me. I guess being black makes you a rapper by default? The shit I saw was about as slanderous as you can get. I don't expect much more fro our media though.