Akon (Producer/Hip-Hop Artist) Is Set for Life Thanks to...

Status
Not open for further replies.

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
Lol he was set for life long before Lady Gaga came around. I know he's making a shit load off her, but he was richer than probably even the richest ATOT user (haha) for years now.
Actually, I bet even with his money + the money he'll make off Gaga ATOT still has as least a dozen people who are richer than he could ever dream to be.

Jeff7

Lifer
Jan 4, 2001
"And I was like 'Yo, I want to sign that right there. She needs to be under my umbrella,'" Akon said. "Jimmy was like 'Yeah, whatever you want. Take her. Let's get it done.' And she just blossomed into a super megastar, man."
"Then I'm like, shit man, I wanna work at that bigass particle collider aight? So we in there then, smashin' shit together, and I'm like, 'I wanna smash together some bling nuclei wit some heavier blings, k?'" Akon said. "Dr Jackson was like 'Yeah, whatever you want, do it. Let's get it done.' And those particle streams just blossomed like a supernova, man."

"She came at the right moment. I'm glad I believed in her, boy."
:awe:

joesmoke

Diamond Member
Nov 2, 2007
i thought he was set for life after apearing on 70% of pop songs released for the last 3-4 years :)

DivideBYZero

Lifer
May 18, 2001
i dont think so, but if im wrong youll have to forgive me... thats just the way i are
grammarnaziinvalidargument.jpg

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
No, Akon is set for life Thanks to autotune.

Don't think I remember an Akon song that has autotune, I think T-Pain is signed to his label so maybe indirectly Autotune's to thank for a portion of his $$$. But he sings not auto tunes.

Acanthus

Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
ostif.org
Don't think I remember an Akon song that has autotune, I think T-Pain is signed to his label so maybe indirectly Autotune's to thank for a portion of his $$$. But he sings not auto tunes.

Akon extensively uses autotune... just not the way T-Pain uses it.

You can hear it in every song if you listen for it... You can change the "aggressiveness" of the autotune so it is either transparent (the way its been used since the early 90s) or overt (the stupid new way that makes you sound like a robot).

Obligitory: Autotuning stupid things video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dV-4DoG8JCE&feature=player_embedded

Status
Not open for further replies.