AirVideo replacement/alternative on Android

zerogear

Diamond Member
Jun 4, 2000
Seeing as the dev for AirVideo doesn't seem likely to develop an Android version and I also remember seeing some people were interested, not sure if anyone has kept up on it. On the older thread that some people were interested in something similar.

1. Mirage -- This was mentioned since it directly plays via AirVideo Server, but for those that haven't discovered live conversion yet: long press on video entry will trigger dialog offering conversion or straight play. If you just press on the file, it'll try to stream as is instead of on-the-fly transcode.

2. Qloud Media -- This one is a straight up replacement. Including server, a lot of flexibility and ability to let you choose what subtitle/language/quality before you start the stream. Although there are less supported format with this (not too many, just rare ones like ogm and such). It definitely has an edge on quality over Mirage and a lot more option as well as better UI. The only cons I see so far is that I need to run two servers, AirVideo and Qloud. And the Media App is free, as well as a $1.99 version. I liked it so much I just bought the $1.99 to support the devs.

So yeah. FYI post :)

ponyo

Lifer
Feb 14, 2002
Plex. You need to install the server software. It's normally $5 but on sale currently on Amazon Market for $2.

I'm using Splashtop Remote to stream occasional movies to my tablet. I paid $1 for the app.