Airport security forces mother to drink breast milk in bottles

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

BDawg

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
Breastmilk is a very sensative subject for some women. She doesn't deserve to be embarrased like this.

If she told them it was breastmilk, they should have taken here to a closed room as not to embarrass her.

IMHO, all of these increased security measures do more to make things inconvenient than make things safer.

Dat

Jan 14, 2000
You know some of the hijackers were women....

If they did not force her to prove it was not colored gasoline then if a hijacker woman gets on board with a baby and blows the plane up, all you people would jump all over the airport security and claim they did not do their job. That woman had to take a few sips from each bottle - not drink the whole thing. I've been on several flights this year and had to do the same with any drink i had. They make you take a few sips and thats it.

It is not the end of the world that she had to drink some breastmilk. Her other complaint was that there are no white mother al queda agents... Thats just plain stupid, we've already seen the capture of another white al queda member and we all know some of the terrorists were women.

Better safe than sorry.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
Originally posted by: Dat
You know some of the hijackers were women....

They were?

(click on each flight to see the photos)

There have been no female Al Queada terrorists. The only female terrorists have been "Palestinian" Arabs.

GasX

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Yup, NewsMax.com is legendary for the veracity with which is ensures that it's stories are 100% accurate...

rolleye.gif

narzy

Elite Member
Feb 26, 2000
If its good enough for your baby, its good enough for you. thats how it REALLY is!

BDawg

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
Originally posted by: narzy
If its good enough for your baby, its good enough for you. thats how it REALLY is!

It's a private matter that shouldn't be exposed in public. They had no right to treat her this way.

As for Newsmax, I heard this on CNN this morning too...so they got one right.

NogginBoink

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2002
Originally posted by: BDawg
Originally posted by: narzy

It's a private matter that shouldn't be exposed in public. They had no right to treat her this way.

As for Newsmax, I heard this on CNN this morning too...so they got one right.

Actually, security does have the right to inspect everything you carry on the plane. They did have a right to ask her to sip from the bottles.

But not drink the whole thing. Ugh!