Air New Zealand sale

quikah

Diamond Member
Apr 7, 2003
Air New Zealand has a sale going on for flights to NZ commencing in February for about $1100 from San Francisco or LA. The regular price is about $1800, cheapest I could find on expedia was about $1500. They also have specials on flight to Australia and various South Pacific islands (though not sure if they are good prices for those places).

So if you need a break from the winter, this is a pretty good deal. Going to NZ myself on Feb. 25, can't wait.

GrJohnso

Jun 18, 2004
Actually a pretty good deal. Now if they would have these mid summer I'd be stoked. Always wanted to hit up the South Island of N.Z. for some snowboarding during my summertime...

Ah well, guess I can dream...

DestruyaUR

Jan 23, 2002
Tip for flying to Australia/NZ - try to get a doctor to give you a scrip for POWERFUL sleeping pills, then take them with an entire minibottle of Vodka. If you konk out or die, either way you miss the "adventure" of a 20 hour flight.

Pretty Cool

Jan 20, 2000
Airfares vary considerably depending on season. Right now it is their summer, so fares are high. I am on Air New Zealand's mailing list and they have offered tickets for about $700-1000 r/t in 2004. The best deal was last May when they match Qantas' internet special. That deal was for $500 r/t. Anyway, Air New Zealand never even bothered notifying me of this offer. If one must travel during a certain period, you might not have much of a choice. But, for travelers with a flexible schedule, there will probably be better deals.