air force

Ylen13

Banned
Sep 18, 2001
We have superior air force why not just not engage the enemy with air force only till there is nothing left of it. Also make it clear to Iraq civilians thru radio (we have the capability to do it right now) that if Iraq solder fire from the back of them we will open fire regardless if they are in the way or not and even do we don't mean to kill them we will if they get in a way of our bullets meant for Iraq solder in the back of them. Also make clear that we will boom any building from where Iraq solders are attacking us from even if it?s residential house/ or it near residential area. So basically tell them we will do what we have to do to win this war and u better stay out of our way if you want to live or better yet rebel against Iraq government and the army

T2T III

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
We have superior air force why not just not engage the enemy with air force only till there is nothing left of it.
No way. I think the manner in which this war is being carried out is very methodical. It takes a combination of all of our forces - Army, Air Force, Marines and the Navy to complete the mission. The U.S. and Britain are "walking on egg shells" as it is. People are very critical of the war, but the idea behind taking out specific targets with much planning seems like the logical way to go. Once the areas have been cleared, then the ground troops can move in and finish up the job.

Aceshigh

Platinum Member
Aug 22, 2002
Actually, I agree with Ylen13's post. He has the right ideas. Iraqi's fight dirty and we need to let them (and the Iraqi public) know that it will no longer be tolerated. Otherwise we will continue to see more of our brave soldiers die.

BCYL

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2000
Only ground forces can occupy land... Besides, you can't bomb iraqi forces hiding inside civilian buildings... They're not going to stand in an open area with a sign saying "bomb me" (they're not THAT dumb)...

At some point you have to send in ground troops to clear them out... The only difference is timing... in 1991 the US did this AFTER the aerial bombardment... This time they do both at the same time...

T2T III

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Did anyone see the video on TV of the Air Force taking out a tank that was hiding under a bridge? The A.F. smoked the tank, but didn't hurth the bridge. Impressive. Truly impressive.

Ylen13

Banned
Sep 18, 2001
Originally posted by: Tiles2Tech
Did anyone see the video on TV of the Air Force taking out a tank that was hiding under a bridge? The A.F. smoked the tank, but didn't hurth the bridge. Impressive. Truly impressive.

yes saw that

Regarding that we will need to send in troop eventually I agree but I think we need to do more of air booming also our troops need much better roe. Its ridicules that they can't return fire if civilian is in between Iraq while they are firing on our positions. If and when civilians get the message if you in between we will shoot back and if you get hit that is too bad. As soon as they get this message civilians will not be in between because they will refuse to go. They will have 3 options to go and stand in between Iraq army solder and American and get possibly killed in the fighting, 2) refuse to go and get killed by Iraqi solder them self or fight back, attack the solder try to take their weapons from them. When a rebellion starts America will help them by shooting any solders that will try to stop it.

Btw, easy exampled to show our roe is really bad one. We were getting shoot at from the hospital we couldn?t shoot back because it was a hospital. We eventually took over the hospital and found that it wasn't a hospital at all but just appeared to be a hospital. If Iraq knew we would shoot at them regardless if it?s a hospital or not ,they wouldn?t use that building to attack us.

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
Originally posted by: Ylen13

yes saw that

Regarding that we will need to send in troop eventually I agree but I think we need to do more of air booming also our troops need much better roe. Its ridicules that they can't return fire if civilian is in between Iraq while they are firing on our positions. If and when civilians get the message if you in between we will shoot back and if you get hit that is too bad. As soon as they get this message civilians will not be in between because they will refuse to go. They will have 3 options to go and stand in between Iraq army solder and American and get possibly killed in the fighting, 2) refuse to go and get killed by Iraqi solder them self or fight back, attack the solder try to take their weapons from them. When a rebellion starts America will help them by shooting any solders that will try to stop it.

Btw, easy exampled to show our roe is really bad one. We were getting shoot at from the hospital we couldn?t shoot back because it was a hospital. We eventually took over the hospital and found that it wasn't a hospital at all but just appeared to be a hospital. If Iraq knew we would shoot at them regardless if it?s a hospital or not ,they wouldn?t use that building to attack us.

That's a tough call, because Iraq is all about fighting this as a propaganda war. Given that they're not averse to killing civilians themselves, the Iraqi regime would play up to the al-Jazeera audience that the US is indeed bombing civilians. If it comes down to it, I suspect ROE will change, but I think high command wants to avoid that if possible.

BCYL

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2000

yes saw that

But you also have to consider the US is there to stay in Iraq after the war is over... So they have to win the support of civilians however they can...

Shooting at Iraqis even when civilians are in the way may generate even more negative feelings towards the US, and quite possibly lead to more trouble down the road...

Ylen13

Banned
Sep 18, 2001
Originally posted by: BCYL

yes saw that

But you also have to consider the US is there to stay in Iraq after the war is over... So they have to win the support of civilians however they can...

Shooting at Iraqis even when civilians are in the way may generate even more negative feelings towards the US, and quite possibly lead to more trouble down the road...

You are correct but we need to find some way to be able to engage them. Otherwise they can just continue this for a while, lucky for us Iraq is desert not like Afghanistan where they have hills or they would be going on for much longer using civilians and then fleeing and so on.

T2T III

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
You are correct but we need to find some way to be able to engage them
Yes, but with Saddam's troops going around in civilian clothing, I think it's going to be some time before we actually engage some of the Iraqi people.