Air Force Called Me, Cant Go Because of PAST Drug Use.

SpeedGod

Banned
Nov 1, 2000
Well, i get a call from the air force, and said i had the highest electronical part of the ASVAb test. And she asked me 2 questions. she was suppose to ask me 4.

1. Have you been ever arrested?
2. When was the last time i got high? :D

1. I was arrested when i was 13, and that was a long time ago.

2. I was experimenting with ecstacy and since stopped.

And boom, she says. sorry, air force can't accept you.

I say, oh well. Didn't really plann on going to the military anyways. but hey its cool..

Just thought i wanted to share.

:D

DABANSHEE

Banned
Dec 8, 1999
You idiot:), things like that that happened when you are a juvenile arn't passed on to your adult record. As far as the govt is concerned, once you turn 18 you then have a clean record, unless you re-offend.

Besides juvenile records are confidential.

BTW, I've got a relative in Sanfransisco who's got a juvenile record, & he's a policeman & also in the reserves.

Windogg

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
<< Yea, but you could grow up to be President >>

Question, do you like Hummers? (Not the 4x4 military truck)

Windogg

Aceman

Banned
Oct 9, 1999
I'm still lost here........

SpeedGod, in an original post you took the ASVAB and you have no intention of joining the military. WHY DID YOU TAKE THE ASVAB????

AndrewR

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Military doesn't accept druggies, past or present. At least you were honest, which is laudable.

hans007

Lifer
Feb 1, 2000
i never took the asvab. Me and a friend skipped school for 2 days when they were giving it and went to comdex with exhibitor passes. Needless to say, i'm glad i didnt waste my time taking that test.

SpeedGod

Banned
Nov 1, 2000
thats the thing i don't get. When the draft comes around, then, they don't get soooo picky.

Well, i took it too get half day also. Not the funnest test, but its ok..

I really wanted to fly those air planes like in the movie Top GUn.

hans007

Lifer
Feb 1, 2000
it was mandatory at our school, everyone had to take it, and there was no class. those idiot marines tried to recruit my brother after about 2 months after he took it. He was still a minor and my parents were all pissed, he could have ruined his life and joined instead of going to college

Slugbait

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Hey, you can be arrested for DUI at the age of thirty, and claim it was something you're not proud of doing &quot;in your youth&quot; without saying yes. Who's to say what &quot;youth&quot; is anyway?

You could have lied, of course. Hell, the possible president-elect did that. But you told the truth, like the other possible president-elect did. It all depends on what and who you're up against. Unfortunately, the AF is pretty damn strict, considering they like to think of themselves as better than Marines...

ooh, i can feel the flames already...

godspeed6

May 8, 2000
One of the biggest unknowns in our free world is that the branches of service somehow have the ability to make people spill their stinking guts out even though that person has no official record of their past drug use or even crimes.

It was amazing how during boot camp they were able to scare the crap out of some poor kid by telling him or her that even if they didn't have a police record, they (the military) were going to find out.

If you want to get into the military then just walk into the Air Force recruiter and tell them you want in. If they ask any questions, tell them what they want to hear and unless you have your past activities on some official record (police records, fbi files) keep your mouth shut.

Regarding the Air Force.. They have to be the most spoiled branch of service in the country. Lots of fiscal funds, skate duty and some real nice bases.

T2T III

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

<< Regarding the Air Force.. They have to be the most spoiled branch of service in the country. Lots of fiscal funds, skate duty and some real nice bases. >>

Maybe so, but I was at one of their &quot;armpit of the World bases&quot;. The duty wasn't skate duty - I worked 4 days (12 - 15 hour days) and then got 3 days off. When I was working, I was out in the missile fields and not anywhere near the base. Going 36+ hours without a shower was nasty. Other positions and bases might be skate duty, but you have to watch out where they send you.

moolman

Apr 21, 2000
heck, my roommate is an air force officer and they have it good. When he was in college, they had no PT in the morning, did whatever they wanted, I visited him when he had to go to Idaho and its a good life, no stress, they teach you how to fly a cessna. I guess if you are not an officer it might be the craps. He was saying that the kids 18-21, all they do is buy expensive cars and have to no money because of that. I guess getting a check for the first time is tempting.

Alex

AndrewR

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
moolman: I was stationed briefly at Pope AFB in North Carolina, right next to Ft. Bragg. You wouldn't believe how many enlisted guys were driving around in Porsches.

Basically, they have housing paid for, food paid for, no utilities, and they spend their entire paycheck on their car (which might have been purchased in Germany). Stupid.

It was amazing how during boot camp they were able to scare the crap out of some poor kid by telling him or her that even if they didn't have a police record, they (the military) were going to find out.

How dramatic. Kids will spill their guts if they are scared, and boot camp tends to do that to some people. I never did go through boot camp, but I went to college with dozens who did. They said that it wasn't that bad at all (physically it was tough), and that our school's first year (VMI) was ten times worse psychologically because they really fsck with your head. It's a very effective training process for the military, however -- weeds out the weak.

<< They're not so picky with the draft though are they. >>

Our national security and safety is not under immediate threat all of the time, now is it? Desperate times require desperate mesaures. Besides, if they fried brain cells on drugs, perhaps they'd be more inclined to charge a machinegun. ;)

SpeedGod

Banned
Nov 1, 2000
damn! come to think of it. I know these past gang members that got in the Air Force, and i know for a fact that used to smoke WEED almost like every other day. And now they are in the AF. Well if i was seriously thinking about the AF, which i was because of flying those air planes, then i would have said what she wanted to hear.

There goes my Top Gun flying those air plane dreams. :(