Air Cooling Problem

dan1988

Mar 16, 2014
so I built a new pc a few months ago, one thing that's been bothering me is that the air that comes out of the exhausts are kinda cold even while my gfx and cpu are running at 50oc what I mean by kinda is the back exhaust is always cool however the top exhaust one side is hot air (as it should be) but the other side of the fan is cool (the cpu is directly under the fan)

case 302 antec
2 front 120mm intake fans
1 top 140mm exhaust fan
1 back 120mm exhaust fan
1 side 120mm intakefan (while ive not played around with it by watching gpu temps it did drop my cpu load temp by 2-3oc)

side note I taped up the top 2 water cooler holes as I figured they might be pulling in air for the exhaust right next to it, didn't change anything
smile.gif

also the case's psu draws air in from under the case and pushes it out the back so its a separate system
no air is blown out or sucked into the grills at the back/ gpu exhaust grill

WoodButcher

Platinum Member
Mar 10, 2001
Sounds like it's working fine. The air moving through will not heat up much if it is moving fast. The air molecules are only near the heat source for a millisecond and will only increase in temp by a fraction of a degree, if you slow the fans down the air takes longer to pass and will heat more. You may notice a difference or not but your hardware is a good cooling setup. If your comparing this to your old Dell or HP pre-builts are made for quiet, not cool and that difference you would notice.

dan1988

Mar 16, 2014
ahh I see thanks and yeah In the past my comps have been premade's and as you said they were "quite" but the exhausts always gave off a lot of heat, thus I thought maybe something was wrong, by your explanation it sounds like the heat coming from one side of my top exhaust is filled with a bit more static air which makes sence

Last edited: