AIPAC - Why it's dangerous and outdated

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Czar

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: dna
Originally posted by: Czar
Do you mean to tell me that you do not see a link between a very very powerful pro-israeli lobby in washington and the amount of money the US gives to Israel?
Money to opress the Palestinians, right?
We should be accurate about it, as that was the aim of that short clip, no?

you failed too

damn

the point is the amount that goes to isreal, because of the powerful lobby in the us
do you see that?

ThePresence

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Originally posted by: ThePresence
I have to smile.
You are not a US citizen, you don't pay US taxes, you don't vote in US elections. This thread should have absolutely no bearing on you, yet here you are to present an anti-Israel viewpoint. Well done.

haha still using that line;), it was stupid years ago and no, nothing has changed, its still stupid
What line are you talking about?
This thread is about a US lobby, not Israel in general.
You come in with a video bashing US aid to Israel.
That's not really your concern, is it?
when we talked about this same thing many years ago on this forum you sometimes resorted to that line, that because I'm not from the US or Israel I should simply be silent. I hope you can see the arrogance and stupidity in that.

And about the relevance of that video, I'm just so sorry that you cant see it yourself since it is clear as day to most of us. Do you mean to tell me that you do not see a link between a very very powerful pro-israeli lobby in washington and the amount of money the US gives to Israel?
I didn't say you should be silent about Israel in general, you can say what you wish, but AIPAC is really not something that should concern you. It's a US issue.

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
Who thought it was a good idea to let this batsh!t fsck into the AIPAC conference? Here's what Pastor John Hagee had to say only a year ago:

"The United States must join Israel in a pre-emptive military strike against Iran to fulfill God's plan for both Israel and the West? a biblically prophesied end-time confrontation with Iran, which will lead to the Rapture, Tribulation [?] and [the] Second Coming of Christ."

Link

Yeah, that's the sort of guy you want to hear from concerning the Middle East region - some yahoo who's hoping and praying for the end times, Armageddon and the death of all non-believers. Not to mention the second Jewish Holocaust. (Bonus fact: Pastor Hagee believes the Jews brought the first holocaust on themselves)

:roll:

ayabe

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2005
Originally posted by: DealMonkey
Who thought it was a good idea to let this batsh!t fsck into the AIPAC conference? Here's what Pastor John Hagee had to say only a year ago:

"The United States must join Israel in a pre-emptive military strike against Iran to fulfill God's plan for both Israel and the West? a biblically prophesied end-time confrontation with Iran, which will lead to the Rapture, Tribulation [?] and [the] Second Coming of Christ."

Link

Yeah, that's the sort of guy you want to hear from concerning the Middle East region - some yahoo who's hoping and praying for the end times, Armageddon and the death of all non-believers. Not to mention the second Jewish Holocaust. (Bonus fact: Pastor Hagee believes the Jews brought the first holocaust on themselves)

:roll:

Yes, and according to another article linked through the original Salon article, he received seven standing ovations during his speech.

Also, not so good that AIPAC successfully lobbied Democrats to forget about placing restrictions on W with regards to attacking Iran.

More Americans don't need to die to protect the agenda of extremists.

Czar

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I have to smile.
You are not a US citizen, you don't pay US taxes, you don't vote in US elections. This thread should have absolutely no bearing on you, yet here you are to present an anti-Israel viewpoint. Well done.

haha still using that line;), it was stupid years ago and no, nothing has changed, its still stupid
when we talked about this same thing many years ago on this forum you sometimes resorted to that line, that because I'm not from the US or Israel I should simply be silent. I hope you can see the arrogance and stupidity in that.

And about the relevance of that video, I'm just so sorry that you cant see it yourself since it is clear as day to most of us. Do you mean to tell me that you do not see a link between a very very powerful pro-israeli lobby in washington and the amount of money the US gives to Israel?
I didn't say you should be silent about Israel in general, you can say what you wish, but AIPAC is really not something that should concern you. It's a US issue.
wow, so ... I should be silent about aipac?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Causality
read up

ThePresence

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
I have to smile.

read up
Wow, speaking of arrogance...
I have no problem if you have issues with US aid to Israel.
I do not see though why internal US issues which may lead to that concern you. You just have a problem with the end result.

Czar

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I have to smile.

read up
I do not see though why internal US issues which may lead to that concern you. You just have a problem with the end result.
like before foreign policy shaped by a special interest group is a problem that does not just concern to the US it is a concern to the world

I just cant belive you are still on the same line as you were when we were discussing this many years ago

ThePresence

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
I have to smile.

read up
like before foreign policy shaped by a special interest group is a problem that does not just concern to the US it is a concern to the world

I just cant belive you are still on the same line as you were when we were discussing this many years ago
Again, it's the end result you have a problem with.
How it gets there is entirely a US issue.
Whatever, I don't remember having this discussion before, but it's quite likely we did.
I took a long P&N break so I don't remember that much from back then.
I should do it again. :)

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
Yeah, it might do you some good. Perhaps you could come back with a fresh perspective - one that doesn't require you try and suppress other people's opinions.

ThePresence

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Yeah, it might do you some good. Perhaps you could come back with a fresh perspective - one that doesn't require you try and suppress other people's opinions.
Please. :roll:
How did I try to suppress his opinion? Am I mod that could ban him for voicing what he feels? Did I have him arrested?
I just voiced my own opinion, which is that he will put forth his anti-Israel viewpoint even in a topic which doesn't at all concern him or his anti-Israel opinions.

MrPabulum

Platinum Member
Jul 24, 2000
Please. :roll:
How did I try to suppress his opinion? Am I mod that could ban him for voicing what he feels? Did I have him arrested?
I just voiced my own opinion, which is that he will put forth his anti-Israel viewpoint even in a topic which doesn't at all concern him or his anti-Israel opinions.

DealMonkey,

Whether or not ThePresence's response effectively addresses an opinion, there is a difference between suppressing free speech, and responding to criticism (i.e. exercising his free speech). Why so few people recognize this difference puzzles me...:frown:

People are not heretics for disagreeing with the vision of the anointed...