@ Aion players - the longevity of this game

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

xCxStylex

Apr 6, 2003
Aside from fort battles, at every 12pm, 8pm, and 12am server time, the "Balaur Dredgion" queue pops up on the UI for all players 46-50.

Dredgion is a 6v6 PVPVE instance, the closest to arena and the closest to a "fair" fight you'll get. The objective is to earn the most points possible in 1hr, winning team earns 3k AP + bonus AP for more points, and losing team earns 1.5k AP + bonus AP for more points. The cooldown is 2 hrs, so you can only zone in once per chance.

Points are earned by killing mobs and surkanas, which are basically objectives in each room. Each surkana is guarded by a boss. Any player dying makes your team lose points, and killing the other faction gives you points as well.

The end boss, Captain Adhadi gives a bonus of 1000AP and also ends the game, even if the 1hr limit hasn't been met. I don't think I've ever heard of the losing team killing him.

It's really fun and basically why I'm still playing this game, as the other content is pretty vapid. I no longer go to fort raids because 50s and high levels got screwed out of medals from the lower forts last patch, and our lately, Elyos on Vaziel have been having their asses handed to them at the upper forts.

Problems...

-Fear is beyond broken. I know a lot of people whine about balance in different games, but sm fear is seriously overpowered. If it were a mez or had a chance to break on damage, like WoW warlock fear, I wouldn't bitch as much, but as it stands it's an excessively long AOE *stun* Fear Shriek is on a 2 minute cooldown, which is enough for each PVP battle. It makes and breaks games.

2 second cast, 15m aoe grants your team a 15 second STUN of the opposing team if you manage to cast it. Granted, all players are always attacking the SM, but if you manage to get it off, GG they're screwed unless you suck and don't assist.

-It's really easy to train the other faction, especially if you're in the middle of ganking the other team. The miniboss mobs leash from their respective rooms, but non-boss mobs take a huge distance to leash. For the most part, consider them practically unleashable unless you have most of the map cleared out.

-Destroying/breaking the surkanas grants points to the faction ***per hit*** (this is relatively unknown), the points are not based on last hit. Sins/rangers can stealth in and do a lot of damage. One game where I solo queued, I got in with a group of retards that had little idea on how to pvp or strategize. After getting our asses handed to us several times, they continued to die to them which my ranger buddy and I made several suicide attempts damaging 3 different surkanas over multiple runs. Near the end of the match, we suicided and finally destroyed these 3, giving the 2 of us all of the points. (Points are given to live players of the faction that did the damage that are near the surkanas, even if you weren't the ones actually doing the damage.)

Anyway, despite the problems, it's still really fun. Until more and more peopel start abusing "ninja killing surkanas," I'll keep playing.

Could you elaborate more on what kind of end game pvp there is? I love pvp but i tend to enjoy smaller match-ups rather than huge battles like forts in abyss. Are there arenas or any BG type things to in addition to the abyss?

xCxStylex

Apr 6, 2003
lulz thread necro. How do you still play this terribad game? You're probably not yet level 50 and are a casual player who enjoys the dull, vapid questing.

I quit in late december.

Want to buy my account?

KIAman

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2001
No, I'm 50 on my main but have reduced myself to twinking a 30 alt with Deava gear for pure rifting fun. My main is simply a money grinder at this point.

1.9 is going to come out that should address many issues.

Edit: Looking at your previous issues post, fear bombing is not so much an issue in flight as most people are now flight speed capped so when feared, they take a dot or two but the melees are constantly out of range to assist.

Ninjaing surkana will be fixed in 1.9. They are making all mobs see hide 2. If anything, Clerics might gain the ability to ninja surks in 2 passes because they get more shielding and immunity skills.

Training is still an issue but most teams are good about simply CCing the trainer and letting the mobs finish them off. Pugs still have a hard time dealing with training.

Last edited:

sundev

Golden Member
Nov 2, 2004
Quit back in December. Have a 50 Sorc on Triniel, all blues, +10 weapon enchant, ~20k gold. If anyone wants I'm willing to sell it or maybe trade for stuff.