Question AIO Fan faint rattling sound at high rpm

rounakr94

Aug 3, 2020
My AIO fan has started to make a faint rattle/grinding like sound when it runs at full speed.
If I press on the hub or lower the speed to ~1500rpm it goes away.
Is this a typical case of bad bearing? The aio is practically not even 6months old. Bought it in end of may 2020.
Any solutions to this? Also lowering the fan speed gives slightly high temperature, but not much maybe a degree or two.
The AIO is a Deepcool Gammaxx L240 V2 RGB.

Feb 4, 2009
I’d just accept the one or two degrees extra heat and keep it on the lower speed.
Similar result with my Corsair H150pro.
High cools better but just a little bit better and i is far more noise.

Reactions: rounakr94

Stuka87

Diamond Member
Dec 10, 2010
Are you sure the sound is coming from the fan, and not the pump? Its pretty common for some pumps to make a rattle noise.

EDIT: Missed the bit where you you purposely slow down that fan it goes away. If its making noise after only 2 months, I would be contacting Deepcool for a warranty replacement of that fan.

Reactions: rounakr94

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
I bought a few of their fans (NDS140-1800) a few years back, and the bearings had noise right away as well. Even with cheap/generic fans, I've never experienced that before.

I was pretty unimpressed with them, and they were returned back to Amazon, and I replaced them with some Phanteks.

rounakr94

Aug 3, 2020
How is the pump/fan control software? I was tempted to buy a deepcool aio but was turned off by the software reviews
I’m not trying to poop on you choice just wondering what is accurate vs inaccurate
I control them using bios. Never used any software. And for led I used asrock's rgb software

mindless1

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2001
If it rattles at a mere 6 mos due to poor quality fan, odds are it will do the same thing again in 6 more mos, so if it doesn't use a sealed bearing design (and assuming it's a sleeve bearing) you can lube it BEFORE it gets very bad.

Ultimately I would be looking for a better quality fan, as thick as will fit, and dual ball bearing if you can tolerate a slight bearing noise in exchange for much longer life, though major brand sleeve bearing fans have reasonable life these days too, certainly far more than 6 mos.

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
I've been using this CoolerMaster MasterLiquid Lite 240 240mm AIO LC kit, for probably over a year now, maybe nearly two or maybe more? Been a while since I installed it. At least a year and a half. Anyways, using stock CoolerMaster fans that came with the kit, horizontally-mounted, no real noise that I can hear. (The pump did make some noise, earlier-on, but it seemed like it righted itself, eventually.)