Question AIO cooler gurgling and swishing

King Mustard

Jan 5, 2002
I've been using a Silverstone PF240-ARGB since March 2021 (so around 1.5 years) to cool an AMD Ryzen 5 5600X.

Around two months ago or so, it started regularly (every 30-60 minutes) producing a gurgling / swishing sound that lasts for 2-3 seconds then stops.

It happens whether idle or under load, there's no change.

The CPU temperatures are still very good.

The pump is located below the radiator (which is at the top of the case).

I have transferred the system 3-4 times in the car (upright, strapped in on the back seat) in the past 18 months to go to LAN parties, if that could make a difference?

Should I be concerned about imminent failure?

Last edited:

In2Photos

Golden Member
Mar 21, 2007
My son's AIO (Enermax 240 on a 5600X) will do this when the system is first turned on, but it stops after a couple of seconds and doesn't do it again until the next time it is turned on.

It sounds like you may have had enough fluid evaporate that there is enough air in the system that gets forced into the loop on occassion. You could try tipping the PC slightly to trap the air at the back of the radiator.

Fallen Kell

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Should I be concerned about imminent failure?
YES. Pump designed for water are easily air-locked/air bound. It is pretty much the number one cause of pump failure. Two things then typically happen, the GPU/CPU overheats (i.e. whatever heat generating devices you have on your water loop), and/or the pump itself overheats because it too relies on the water to cool itself and all/some become damaged destroyed.

• Wow
Reactions: King Mustard

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
it could be clogged with corrosion, due to improper anticorrosive and a aluminum radiator.
You should make a recording on your phone, and email silverstone support for more guidance.

Reactions: King Mustard