Ain't No Homos Gonna Make It to Heaven

Theb

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2006
Almost posted to OT, but fits a recent theme here in P&N

The video was reportedly recorded at the Apostolic Truth Tabernacle in Greensburg, Indiana -- featuring a young boy on the altar, barely old enough to walk, singing a song he was obviously spoon fed.

It's pretty hard to make out the words -- so here are the lyrics ...

"The Bible’s right, somebody’s wrong.
The Bible’s right, somebody’s wrong.
Romans one, twenty six and twenty seven;
Ain’t no homos gonna make it to Heaven."

The congregation erupts in thunderous applause after the song.

FYI, here's Romans 1:26-27 -- "Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error."

It's the latest video to hit the web showing rampant homophobia in America's churches -- starting with a North Carolina pastor advocating beating the gay out of your child ... and another NC pastor talking about fencing up gay people and letting them die out.

Vid is in the link
http://www.tmz.com/2012/05/30/indiana-toddler-church-song-no-homos-heaven/

Well I'm no biblical scholar, but I was under the impression that there was more to Jesus' teachings than "Gay people are bad and they should feel bad."

Retro Rob

Diamond Member
Apr 22, 2012
Shameful, wrong, and just flat-out stupid.

It's really a shame that a person that young is being taught to hate. Not at all what the Bible wants people to do.

Theb

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2006
Any Dems want to upload a video of their kid singing a Mark 10:25, Mathew 19:24, Luke 8:25 themed song? I bet that would rocket past a million hits on youtube. Come one somebody's got to have a kid they want to exploit.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Shameful, wrong, and just flat-out stupid.

It's really a shame that a person that young is being taught to hate. Not at all what the Bible wants people to do.

You can't make them see any of this because they feel justified by the Bible. They have a bigotry you do not have. You know what you say is true and I do too, but there's nothing you can do to prove it to them.

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
According to Jesus, the homo the tailor and the candlestick maker can each enter heaven if they love God - him - with all their heart and like wise their neighbor because from that flows all the commandments and the prophets... What Paul or Matt or who ever said that does not follow what Jesus said seems to be a bit of artistic license.

I think what that bit about camels and needles was Ego. How the Rich man couldn't give up his riches to follow Jesus even though he wanted to do that and even asked what he had to do to follow Jesus....

The Ego, it seems, is a function of evil and it can only produce evil... This youngster and his congregation have replaced love with hate. How can they love Jesus and hate their neighbor? Guess they carve their path with their belief and where it leads they will someday know... Could be heaven, I suppose, but, not the one I'm headed for. I'd not think.

jackschmittusa

Diamond Member
Apr 16, 2003
Indoctrinating children with hate is almost always necessary when your group's worldview is likely to be questioned by the general population. The Nazis and the KKK are well known examples.

An aside is that "not going to Heaven" is not much of a penalty since the existence of Heaven and Hell is a near zero probability.

Retro Rob

Diamond Member
Apr 22, 2012
You can't make them see any of this because they feel justified by the Bible. They have a bigotry you do not have. You know what you say is true and I do too, but there's nothing you can do to prove it to them.

No, we can't persuade them otherwise.

The just want to hate. That is all.

I see why people dislike religion in general. This kind of stuff just doesn't benefit anyone.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
According to Jesus, the homo the tailor and the candlestick maker can each enter heaven if they love God - him - with all their heart and like wise their neighbor because from that flows all the commandments and the prophets...

He did say that. Of course, many think love is all that is needed (not saying you do)...but God already answered what to do to show you love Him.

If you love me, you will obey my commandments.

There are two sets of commandments (mitzvot) depending on if one is a Jew or a Gentile. Jews have The Law - 613 commandments (if you are male, less if you are female because females start out already holier than men are). Gentiles have the Noahide Laws - or at least everyone who is related to Noah has them, which is everyone. :)

The Noahide laws are far less, only 7 of them. They are:

The seven laws listed by the Tosefta and the Talmud are[7]
  1. Prohibition of Idolatry
  2. Prohibition of Murder
  3. Prohibition of Theft
  4. Prohibition of Sexual immorality
  5. Prohibition of Blasphemy
  6. Prohibition of eating flesh taken from an animal while it is still alive
  7. Establishment of courts of law
The Noachide Laws comprise the six laws which were given to Adam in the Garden of Eden, according to the Talmud's interpretation of Gen 2:16,[8] and a seventh one, which was added after the Flood of Noah.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_Laws_of_Noah

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
An aside is that "not going to Heaven" is not much of a penalty since the existence of Heaven and Hell is a near zero probability.

Statistics hehehehe.... ok... So how did you come about generating that probability?

I figure there either IS or there IS NOT God. Your faith is equally supported as mine... iow, Faith is Belief without proof. We both are faced with the same realities is seems... I say God created the Universe and all its bits and about 15 billion years ago in my time and just now in his. Your faith is nothing created everything from something or something created everything from something or nothing or something like that.

Who is right... who can prove they're right? I simply believe I am but allow for you to also be right for you... We'll see in time.

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
He did say that. Of course, many think love is all that is needed (not saying you do)...but God already answered what to do to show you love Him.

There are two sets of commandments (mitzvot) depending on if one is a Jew or a Gentile. Jews have The Law - 613 commandments (if you are male, less if you are female because females start out already holier than men are). Gentiles have the Noahide Laws - or at least everyone who is related to Noah has them, which is everyone. :)

For the Jew that is the appropriate bit... they don't believe Jesus to be the Messiah...
Jesus said he was or at least alluded to that.. and he brought a new covenant and laws.... Two that he said all others flow from... I figure he didn't lie, ergo, there it is.

Retro Rob

Diamond Member
Apr 22, 2012
Statistics hehehehe.... ok... So how did you come about generating that probability?

I figure there either IS or there IS NOT God. Your faith is equally supported as mine... iow, Faith is Belief without proof. We both are faced with the same realities is seems... I say God created the Universe and all its bits and about 15 billion years ago in my time and just now in his. Your faith is nothing created everything from something or something created everything from something or nothing or something like that.

Who is right... who can prove they're right? I simply believe I am but allow for you to also be right for you... We'll see in time.

Really?

You have faith that the Sun will rise tomorrow. Proof? It raised all the days prior.

Faith, is belief in the things unseen, not the thing unprovable. Big difference.

jackstar7

Lifer
Jun 26, 2009
Paul was in the closet. Major self-hater and certainly a role model to many modern preachers.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
I dont care much for Churches and only go at xmas mass to make my wife happy however these fire and brimstone variety are the worst - basically indoctrinate hate and could be considered child abuse IMO.

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
Really?

You have faith that the Sun will rise tomorrow. Proof? It raised all the days prior.

Faith, is belief in the things unseen, not the thing unprovable. Big difference.

heheheeh almost a distinction without a difference...

You call it what you wish... to me Faith is Belief in something usually of a religious bent... when speaking to an apparent non religious bent I use the term 'proof' because that is usually the criteria needed to bring about an acceptable theory... or hypothesis.

You see... You must use the logic of the person you speak to because they don't have a similar belief...
Logically there is no reason to believe in God with out proof... of some sort... But, I don't need logic cuz I intuitively know... and know I know and know I know I know....

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003

In this kind of issue you speak to logical theory.... IF tomorrow is like today then the physics of today carry forward to tomorrow with the only delta being time. Within reason of course... we proceed along our path toward Andromeda and around the sun and like that... but, unless some thing alters earths movements we'll twist about and see the sun and more of it as we continue to spin about... It is physical nature...

woolfe9999

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2005
heheheeh almost a distinction without a difference...

You call it what you wish... to me Faith is Belief in something usually of a religious bent... when speaking to an apparent non religious bent I use the term 'proof' because that is usually the criteria needed to bring about an acceptable theory... or hypothesis.

You see... You must use the logic of the person you speak to because they don't have a similar belief...
Logically there is no reason to believe in God with out proof... of some sort... But, I don't need logic cuz I intuitively know... and know I know and know I know I know....

Faith is indeed belief without proof. It is nothing more than the gap between however far the evidence takes you and however certain you are. Faith fills in the rest. If you have a lot of evidence, you don't need much faith. If you have very little, you need a lot of faith. You always need some though because nothing is certain. The reality we perceive could even be a programmed illusion.

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
Faith is nothing more than the gap between however far the evidence takes you and however certain you are. Faith fills in the rest. If you have a lot of evidence, you don't need much faith. If you have very little, you need a lot of faith. You always need some though because nothing is certain. The reality we perceive could even be a programmed illusion.

Sure, I'd not argue with that... But, failing an appearance on the late show there is little evidence (empirical) to support the belief that Jesus is God. And if God did appear on the late show and with Johnny Carson I'd suspect there would be a migration toward religion and away from atheism.
There is proof we are here and not only here but in the right universe and we know that to be true cuz we are here... hehehehehe
I propose that the atheist and the christian both have the same proof of a supreme being and serendipity having created that universe and what flowed from that either being planned or random.

So... In the beginning and looking at that now my faith is belief without proof and so is the atheists...

But, I may be alone and you all being simply a figment of my imagination... I think I'll wake up from this nightmare someday... :awe:

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009

How does Gen 2:16 turn into 6 laws? :confused:

ShawnD1

Lifer
May 24, 2003
Tee times at the Heavenly Augusta would be incredibly long and with eternity that could be one hell of a wait... No?
Heaven will have a distinct lack of music and dance if we allow The Gays to burn in hell :hmm:

People who aren't lazy as hell could always learn to play an instrument, but that's too hard. Let's just force The Gays to get into heaven and play for us.