Ain't No Homos Gonna Make It to Heaven

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

alzan

Diamond Member
May 21, 2003
Well....

I am certainly going to laugh at all the religious foolishness when myself and only a handful of others are saved during the surprise twist ending of the apocalypse when Cthulthu saves the world from the deluded ones.

Kthulthu Fried Children - Tentacle Licking Good!

BudAshes

Lifer
Jul 20, 2003
Really though when it comes down to it they are right. No Homo's will be going to heaven. Not a single one, or anyone else for that matter.

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
I don't buy into religion too much.

However if I was a God, I'd want people to reproduce not just screw around.

BudAshes

Lifer
Jul 20, 2003

If God existed it would mean the earth was his gift to us. As far as we know this planet is a rare jewel in the galaxy and the more of us there are the more we fuck it up.

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003

IF you were the God then why would you want reproduction? Do you need an Army? ... There is room in hell and wasted space is a sin? You need more adoring fans? Ah... I know... Famine is your friend... :+)

epidemis

Jun 6, 2007

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
If you are conventionally religious, it comes with some implicit assumption there is a all powerful creator God even though its beyond the mind of man how it is possible to have an everliving entity able to do all those things.

Yet we have in the statement or assumption that God created us humans in his own image, so God must be male, rather than female as we also fail to ask, why a God should even need or express a sexual identity.

In short I ask, if you pretend to be religious, its a supreme act of arrogance to pretend you know the mind of God.

Sure you can pretend the teaching of the bible or the Muslim Koran, or other religious texts from a pile of other religions are 100% accurate, but when all those writing were all written by previous deluded humans the precedent is meaningless. As they too did not know anymore than paramecium about the mind God either.

Would it make me a religious authority to know which Pope is a dope who first decided we can't eat meat on Friday, or which pope who decided we can eat meat on Friday. Or which Pope fathered more children than all the others. As the general views of the all practicing US Christians and Protestants seeming endorse the concepts of supply side Jesus and televangelists.

her209

No Lifer
Oct 11, 2000
Why would "homos" want to go to a heaven that doesn't want them there? Do inhabitants even have sex in heaven? It'd be pointless if they did, right?

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Since there is no heaven it matters not.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maybe exactly the point, so why should we permit religious bigots to make earth into a living hell?

Its a sad fact about homosexuality, almost 100% of them were a product of a loving heterosexual couple, 96% of those children turn out to be "normal", but throughout human history, there are always that 4% that are not "normal". Homosexuality is a disease we inherit from our children. And other than that one distinction, almost 100% of that 4% are still valuable human beings capable of being otherwise much like "us".

Baptismbyfire

Oct 7, 2010
What is especially sad about churches like those is not so much the brainwashing that is going on, but the fact that the preachers don't speak out against what they urgently need to speak out against - bankrupting of the country by greedy businesses and corrupt politicians, emergence of neo-feudalism, and the destruction of Christian values all in the name of profit.

But after all, it's understandable. Many preachers nowadays are afraid to speak out against the true evils in the world, when their livelihood depends on the pocket change thrown their way by the very perpetrators in their audience. So, they simply target the same scapegoat that has been targeted by kings and rulers over the last few centuries. And I bet many churches across the country are seeing greater attendance, as people become more desperate and feel the need to cling to anything to make their lives feel more hopeful, even if it is the hollow promise of an afterlife.

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
If God existed it would mean the earth was his gift to us. As far as we know this planet is a rare jewel in the galaxy and the more of us there are the more we fuck it up.

I'd run it like the Sims or an electric train set. :)

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
IF you were the God then why would you want reproduction? Do you need an Army? ... There is room in hell and wasted space is a sin? You need more adoring fans? Ah... I know... Famine is your friend... :+)

I like people worshipping me. The more the better.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
My Catholic Priest says there is nothing wrong with gays (or homos in this case). The act of homosexual sex is a sin in God's eyes, but there is nothing wrong with the person themselves.

Agreed. To desire to commit a sin and then not actually commit it means you did not sin. This applies to theft, adultery, homosexuality, on and al.

My Catholic Priest also says God is a loving God. We are judged based on how loving we are. To be selfish is the devils work.

True - but how are we to show we love God? By keeping His commandments. :)

Sounds like to me this Church isn't so loving. I wonder who they really worship.

Agreed.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
Rich aren't either. Remember: It is harder for a rich person to go to heaven than for a camel to go trough the eye of an needle

Interestingly enough, most people misunderstand this verse. Mostly because the verses which follow it are not well know.

Matthew 19
23Then Jesus said to his disciples, “I tell you the truth, it is very hard for a rich person to enter the Kingdom of Heaven. 24I’ll say it again—it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich person to enter the Kingdom of God!”
25The disciples were astounded. “Then who in the world can be saved?” they asked.
26Jesus looked at them intently and said, “Humanly speaking, it is impossible. But with God everything is possible.”
http://nlt.scripturetext.com/matthew/19.htm

Jesus is saying no one can get to heaven by their own accord. Doing good works alone will NEVER get you into Heaven. Only God can get you there. The rich can get into Heaven, but only if they do what everyone else does...which is have faith and trust in Him.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
If you are conventionally religious, it comes with some implicit assumption there is a all powerful creator God even though its beyond the mind of man how it is possible to have an everliving entity able to do all those things.

Yet we have in the statement or assumption that God created us humans in his own image, so God must be male, rather than female as we also fail to ask, why a God should even need or express a sexual identity.

This is an interesting point. From my reading and understanding, most people are confused about the "in Our image" part. Adam was not a copy of what God physically looked like.

God is made up of three parts - all one being but three parts. God the Father is the mental aspect, God the Son is the physical aspect, God the Holy Spirit is the spiritual aspect. God, being perfect, can exist with all three of these parts seperated from one another. Each has the ability to act independantly of the other as wel. Yet they are all one being.

Man is made up of these same three parts due to being created in the image of God. We have a mental, a physical, and a spiritual aspect to us. Yes, due to being imperfect, we cannot live without all three of these parts being combined together. If we lose our body, we die. If we lose our mind, we die. If we lose our spirit (or soul), we die.