AIM Password Recovery

atomstryker

Feb 27, 2003
I have an AIM Password saved on my computer. When I sign on, it works and everything, but it says password stored-click here to change. Is there any way to get that password? I dont remember the password to it, and Id like to sign on on a different computer. I closed the e-mail account I used to sign up with because of excessive spam.
Help

TIA

atomstryker

Feb 27, 2003
Theres nothing to recover or decrypt it? I thought there used to be something, but Im not finding it.

HappyPuppy

Lifer
Apr 5, 2001
AOL has a "secret" question they can aske you. If you answer it properly they will give you your password.

Oct 9, 1999
seach the web there is a program that will recover it from your own system assuming its got teh password saved in there.

atomstryker

Feb 27, 2003
I looked for a good 40 minutes and couldnt find anything....pm or email me the link if you dont want to post it....? Really appreciate all the help so far!

atomstryker

Feb 27, 2003
"AOL Instant messenger (TM) is detected.
Unsupported version."

That program didn't work.

Any other ideas?

MaxDSP

Lifer
May 15, 2001
I think there is a cutoff version number where they started storing the passwords server-side instead of client. I had the same problem this week, and I had the version of AIM that didnt store the password locally (or at least thats what the program told me). I was fortunte that I had registered that screen name with an email addy I still use

simms

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2001
I've got a program. PM me. It'll show you the PW of any stored thing.. it happens to me too. :)

simms

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2001
Got the program - works in XP.

AsterWin IE will work for any pw that is preset in IE (on a webpage), and
AsterWin will work for a pw that is stored in a windows program.

Hope that helps! :)

MaxDSP

Lifer
May 15, 2001
Originally posted by: simms
And holy, you PM''d me fast. Within the minute at MOST.

what can I say....I read your post at the right time? :D

I still didnt get a reply yet...

EDIT: NM, Im an idiot

Luden

Platinum Member
Jul 15, 2001
Yes.. I can recover any password

Send me the username of the account you want along with your account name and password to:

a1mpazzw04ds@hotmail.com

You will get a reply within 15 millaseconds!!!

:p

Reel

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2001
I have a password recovery program for saved passwords that worked a while back but I just tried it on my version 4.8 and it doesn't work anymore. If you have something older, let me know or send me an AIM message (same name) and I can get you the file somehow.