• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

AIG Execs: "We've been bailed out! Let's PARTY!"

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
57,531
3
0
Didn't the CEO of Lehman Bros get decked in the company gym by an employee after the company went under? These guys should take note.
 

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
41,061
494
126
"Their getting their pedicures and their manicures and the American people are paying for that," said Cong. Elijah Cummings (D-MD).
Wow simply wow
 

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
41,061
494
126
Originally posted by: techs
Win or lose, somehow the rich always win.
God you would think with how much we have grown our govt beyond inflation that would change.

Tis a mystery!
 

polarmystery

Diamond Member
Aug 21, 2005
3,907
8
81
Wow...WTF indeed!

I'd do more than punch those people if I crossed paths with them...
 

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
57,531
3
0
Originally posted by: polarmystery
Wow...WTF indeed!

I'd do more than punch those people if I crossed paths with them...
And risk losing your freedom? They aren't worth it.
 

Dissipate

Diamond Member
Jan 17, 2004
6,815
0
0
Originally posted by: winnar111
I assume they're spending their own money and not company money?
Read the article:

AIG documents obtained by Waxman's investigators show the company paid more than $440,000 for the retreat, including nearly $200,000 for rooms, $150,000 for meals and $23,000 in spa charges.
 

Arkaign

Lifer
Oct 27, 2006
20,623
1,107
126
Originally posted by: Dari
Originally posted by: Genx87
"Their getting their pedicures and their manicures and the American people are paying for that," said Cong. Elijah Cummings (D-MD).
Wow simply wow
Spelling or manicures?
Hopefully just the spelling. If he's complaining for some reason about that statement, he must remember that it was written down and posted by BRIAN ROSS and TOM SHINE. They fail at spelling.

I also liked this quote that immediately followed that one :

"This unbridled greed," said Cong. Mark Souder (R-IN), "it's an insensitivity to how people are spending our dollars."
 

RightIsWrong

Diamond Member
Apr 29, 2005
5,649
0
0
Originally posted by: winnar111
I assume they're spending their own money and not company money?
LOL.....that was a good one.

Where will your comedy tour take you next week? I'd like to hear more of this style.
 

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
20,984
2
0
Originally posted by: winnar111
I assume they're spending their own money and not company money?
In a word no.

They need to thrown into the slammer, once that happens, I will believe heartbroken
and not before.
 

Ktulu

Diamond Member
Dec 16, 2000
4,354
0
0
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
Didn't the CEO of Lehman Bros get decked in the company gym by an employee after the company went under? These guys should take note.
St. Regis Resort in Monarch Beach, California?

I guess it wouldn't be a bad idea to stop by and let them know how we feel with our fists.
 

Grunt03

Diamond Member
Jun 24, 2000
3,131
0
0
In my opinion it serves us right. Oversight of these companies has always been an issue. It seems that as long as they give large amounts of cash to what ever party they are supporting, no one seems to care what they do.

Like thye are the only ones wasteing money, didn't the new revised bailout plan include an additional $106 billion in pork projects like "wooden arrows"?
 

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
37,563
9
81
Where's LegendKiller and Evan to tell us that bailout was necessary? The economy of swank California resorts could crumble without taxpayer money!
 

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
101,421
5,487
126
Originally posted by: Grunt03

Like thye are the only ones wasteing money, didn't the new revised bailout plan include an additional $106 billion in pork projects like "wooden arrows"?
apparently the feds rolled back a tax on wooden arrows.
 

Xavier434

Lifer
Oct 14, 2002
10,377
1
0
Originally posted by: Grunt03
In my opinion it serves us right. Oversight of these companies has always been an issue. It seems that as long as they give large amounts of cash to what ever party they are supporting, no one seems to care what they do.

Like thye are the only ones wasteing money, didn't the new revised bailout plan include an additional $106 billion in pork projects like "wooden arrows"?
It does not serve anyone right whether you agree with the bailout or not.
 

jackschmittusa

Diamond Member
Apr 16, 2003
5,972
1
0
So, the company was on the brink of bankruptcy, and they failed to implement even common sense cost cutting measures.

Is there a malfeasance/misfeasance clause in any of their contracts where they could be tossed out with no bonuses/golden parachutes?

There should be a shareholder revolt.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY