AIG exec resignation letter

Page 10 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

sciwizam

Golden Member
Oct 22, 2004
Originally posted by: nobodyknows
Originally posted by: sciwizam
Originally posted by: LTC8K6
Fire them? No, hire them!

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/...s-an-aig-board-member/

Damn, not just any board, right on the Financial Products board!:laugh:

I believe they only have ONE BoD for the whole company.

I meant to say Financial Committee. According to this, his title is

Independent Director, Member of Regulatory, Compliance & Legal Committee and Member of Finance Committee

Skitzer

Diamond Member
Mar 20, 2000
Originally posted by: JACKDRUID
Originally posted by: CPA A binding contract is a binding contract. The guy should get paid, withheld at normal tax rates and everyone else should put their jealousy and envy aside.

the contract no longer binds when one side (A.I.G.) fail.

A.I.G. failed, so contract no longer binds.

Your logic = Colossal Fail!

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
I liked this reply the most lightstar:

"While most Americans dread unemployment, his ability to choose unemployment freely seems perverse. The problem is not Mr. DeSantis?s bonus, or A.I.G., but the stagnancy of most Americans? wages over decades while compensation for people like Mr. DeSantis has surged."

gingermeggs

Golden Member
Dec 22, 2008
I bet he has more then enough money to sit on a 5star beach resort in Hawaii for the rest of his life, even if you stripped him of his last 5 years of earnings!
His sweet little shit talk about a plumber and electrician is disgusting- those people would be lucky to save $500,000 of their earnings over their entire working life.
He'll lose little sleep over it all, I bet!
If he was clean he would of rattled the cage at the time it was all happening.

Xellos2099

Platinum Member
Mar 8, 2005
How much he has does not mean he got less right. If one performed a job that he is suppose to do sanctioned by the government, you pay him at the end of his work. Period.

Chaotic42

Lifer
Jun 15, 2001

the bailout was a good idea, to save ourselves from financial market collapse which may very well have lead to another depression.

but i do not support bailing out rich/overpaid exec.

fyi, they are writing laws to get money back... you need to just get over it.

Who decides who is overpaid? You?

nobodyknows

Diamond Member
Sep 28, 2008
Originally posted by: umbrella39
I liked this reply the most lightstar:

"While most Americans dread unemployment, his ability to choose unemployment freely seems perverse. The problem is not Mr. DeSantis?s bonus, or A.I.G., but the stagnancy of most Americans? wages over decades while compensation for people like Mr. DeSantis has surged."

That's exactly why everyone is so PO'ed about this crap. On top of that, it seems the more powerful they get, the bigger, thieving assholes they become.

nobodyknows

Diamond Member
Sep 28, 2008
Originally posted by: Chaotic42

the bailout was a good idea, to save ourselves from financial market collapse which may very well have lead to another depression.

but i do not support bailing out rich/overpaid exec.

fyi, they are writing laws to get money back... you need to just get over it.

Who decides who is overpaid? You?

Whoever is paying the bills. In this case that's the American Taxpayers and I believe they have spoken.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
Exactly. Plus I am sick of Wall Street whining about their bonuses. There are a lot of people not just not getting bonuses, but getting sh!tcanned. Any normal company cuts bonuses first when firm is in trouble. If US taxpayer didn't take AIG over, it would be broke and not paying any bonuses. These leeches should be happy they still have a job.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Originally posted by: nobodyknows
Whoever is paying the bills. In this case that's the American Taxpayers and I believe they have spoken.

The problem is the taxpayer is just too stupid to understand business. That's what this all boils down to. Mixed in with jealousy and envy I fear the populus is simply too stupid to make any decisions based on logic and sound business principles on risk/reward.

People are just too stupid I'm afraid. This is what happens when you have the idiotic public have a say (without any understanding of the consequences of their jealousy) into business.

The people have spoken, that's for sure. And their words show just how stupid they are - "Hey! We own this company! Let's kill it and get no return!"

Rabble, rabble, rabble.