Aid to Israel is a financial travesty and needs to be stopped

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
All government spending flows back into the economy. Even the infamous "bridge to nowhere." But because by definition Israel is outside the United States, aid to it would be less stimulative than other spending.

Israel is a rich nation, and yet they're in the same boat as poor African nations in getting aid?

More relevant is that much terrorism aimed at the USA is because of Israel. It enrages the Arab world and they lash out at us, and their logic is right. Without the USA's generosity, Israel wouldn't be able to be so arrogant and unjust towards Palestinians.

Given the liabilities that it creates, and the sheer size of the spending, and the $20 trillion debt, it should be cut. Israel would be fine. The USA shouldn't make foreign policy decisions based at root on religion.

I'm not here to discuss opinions with you. I came to correct your facts, which I have done. So far as opinions go, I would point out that when someone gets multiple facts wrong, which inaccuracies all cut in the same direction, there is good reason to discount that person's objectivity on the issue.

desura

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2013
I'm not here to discuss opinions with you. I came to correct your facts, which I have done. So far as opinions go, I would point out that when someone gets multiple facts wrong, which inaccuracies all cut in the same direction, there is good reason to discount that person's objectivity on the issue.

You haven't corrected anything. You. Itpick here or there and then declare victory in a dishonest way. How is sending antimalarial drugs to some African country on the same level as gifting $100 million F35 fighter jets? And if money is fungible, then how does that not make the US complicit in settlement activity along one of Islam's holiest sites? You could make the argument that someone who cuts in front of you at line at the grocer isn't costing you anything but five minutes of your time...so why so angry...but it is still fundamentally wrong and unfair.

Aid to Israel should be zero. It should not be tax deductible. How is that controversial?

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
You haven't corrected anything. You. Itpick here or there and then declare victory in a dishonest way. How is sending antimalarial drugs to some African country on the same level as gifting $100 million F35 fighter jets? And if money is fungible, then how does that not make the US complicit in settlement activity along one of Islam's holiest sites? You could make the argument that someone who cuts in front of you at line at the grocer isn't costing you anything but five minutes of your time...so why so angry...but it is still fundamentally wrong and unfair.

Aid to Israel should be zero. It should not be tax deductible. How is that controversial?

You said that aid to Israel "is over half of the foreign aid budget" when in fact it's less than 10% of it. I fail to see how anyone could call that a "nitpick." Your other inaccuracies were less egregious than that but all pointed in the same direction. Now you want to look at a subset of foreign aid instead of the whole package so you can make the aid to Israel seem larger by comparison. I'm sorry, but you've shown your bias.

f you want to oppose aid to Israel, go right ahead and make your arguments, but don't spin the facts first. It only undermines your argument.

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
L00Y6Kz.gif

It's always the most worthless degenerates who think their reading of your posts is important.

LPCTech

Dec 11, 2013
Aid to Israel should now be increased, since their importance has. Because of Turkey probably turning on NATO. They are our only outpost in the mideast and we need them more than ever. They hold major locations for many US tech and military companies and without them we would be in a bad position. That is why people much smarter and less biased than you will be continuing that aid.
Lets not forget that if the terrorbunnies take it over they will destroy everything not muslim and ban us from the area. You don't see many other teeny tiny countries getting nonstop attacked and harrassed.

Because no jews to attack in those countries.

desura

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2013
You said that aid to Israel "is over half of the foreign aid budget" when in fact it's less than 10% of it. I fail to see how anyone could call that a "nitpick." Your other inaccuracies were less egregious than that but all pointed in the same direction. Now you want to look at a subset of foreign aid instead of the whole package so you can make the aid to Israel seem larger by comparison. I'm sorry, but you've shown your bias.

f you want to oppose aid to Israel, go right ahead and make your arguments, but don't spin the facts first. It only undermines your argument.

Because F35 fighter jets are not in any way comparable to antimalarial drugs given away. Military aid is different. And all wasteful spending is a "drop in the bucket" which "flows back into the economy anyways." The exact same argument can be made in favor of farm subsidies.

You've shown your bias as well. You are behaving in such a dishonest way that I suspect you are emotionally tied to Israel.

Azuma Hazuki

Golden Member
Jun 18, 2012
Why the hell don't we just import the entire population of Israel into the American Southwest? God knows we need their desalinization tech there, and the scientists and other technology would be awesome. And then the jihadis can HAVE that sandy barren shithole known as the Middle East.

(I know why: it's because the Theonomists are trying to cause Armageddon...)

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Because F35 fighter jets are not in any way comparable to antimalarial drugs given away. Military aid is different. And all wasteful spending is a "drop in the bucket" which "flows back into the economy anyways." The exact same argument can be made in favor of farm subsidies.

You've shown your bias as well. You are behaving in such a dishonest way that I suspect you are emotionally tied to Israel.

Please show where I've gotten any facts wrong. Yours were grossly wrong. Mine were accurate. Hell, you weren't even accurate about Israel's take of the military aid. You referred to a proposal of Trump that isn't even law yet, and did so in the present tense as if it's always been that way. And you have the nerve to call me dishonest?

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Why the hell don't we just import the entire population of Israel into the American Southwest? God knows we need their desalinization tech there, and the scientists and other technology would be awesome. And then the jihadis can HAVE that sandy barren shithole known as the Middle East.

(I know why: it's because the Theonomists are trying to cause Armageddon...)

It's been improved quite a bit since it was a "sandy barren shithole."

Azuma Hazuki

Golden Member
Jun 18, 2012
@woolfe9998: It has, yes, but it can't stay that way without massive technocratic input. I think this would be a fitting "fuck you" to the exporters of Islamic terrorism too, something like "Y'all hate Jews so bad? Fine, we'll take 'em all, and since we're not obligated to fuck around in the sandbox anymore protecting them, we're out of the Middle East entirely. Have fun killing one another over who's the Muslim-est, assholes."

Reactions: pcgeek11

desura

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2013
Please show where I've gotten any facts wrong. Yours were grossly wrong. Mine were accurate. Hell, you weren't even accurate about Israel's take of the military aid. You referred to a proposal of Trump that isn't even law yet, and did so in the present tense as if it's always been that way. And you have the nerve to call me dishonest?

Even with your "correct" figures the totals that Israel receives is outlandish. So they don't get 1/3 of NASA's budget, but instead get like 1/4-1/5. That is still a big chunk. Do you realize how many NASA projects never get built or get abandoned because of lack of funding? And NASA spending is highly stimulative, much more so, than Israel funding.

Yes, you act like 1/3 vs 1/5 is such a big gaping deal that it shows obvious bias. That is essentially dishonest.